Question on AR-11

aganand

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I am moving to next town within same state in next 15-20 days.
My 485 is still pending but I am expecting approval any time(I am still optimistic) as my RD is 01/28/02.
Please guide if I should:

1) File for AR-11 now and call BCIS
2) Should wait for another 15 days and then do it, but then I have a risk of loosing any paperwork from INS on mail forwarding etc

Any Experiences/Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

- Inteha

This is what I learned from this forum.

(1) If you have a lawyer, lawyer will always receive a copy of notice. Therefore, you don't need to worry about. You may ask the Post office to forward your letters. Most of notices will be forwarded, though some of them will not.

(2) If you don't have a lawyer, then you should update your address.

Hope this will help. But I may be wrong. You may follow other people's suggestions.

I agree with GC_FebWait....... on both points....
I wud say you are better off updating ur address if u are definitely moving in 15-20 days. BCIS will take 2-3 weeks to process ur request.... so I guess ur address may be updated the same time u physically move into ur new place and if ur case is picked up or approved after that time BCIS will send ur approval notice to your new address.

If u do get approved within the next 15 days BCIS will send ur approval notice to your old place. INS mails do not get forwarded ...THOUGH according to this forum ....some applicants have mentioned that their INS mails /FP notices etc did get forwarded. So its something u cant be sure of. However ur lawyer (hopefully u have one) wud anyway get a copy of the notice. Thats good enough for passport stamping.

Call up BCIS and do the update and also send the AR-11 form.

All the best and happy moving. Its a pain to move isn't it.... after all we all experience that here in the US

As per BCIS rule, you need to file AR-11 within 10 days of moving. I moved last month and asked my lawyer to file AR-11. Also I called up BCIS and informed NSC agent of my new address. Mine got approved last week and got the letter yesterday in the new address. Hope this helps.