Question on Approval notice. Please help.

suresh502

Registered Users (C)
Rd: 11/24/02.
AD: 10/07/02.

I got my approval notice (courtesy copy) yesterday, 10/15/02. However still haven’t received my wife’s approval notice. Is it normal to get approval notices on different days? Lawyer says he still hasn’t received anything. Told me that sometimes notices do come at different times. Could someone who’s had the same experience let me know? Is it necessary to talk to an IIO? Would appreciate your help.

BTW, as all have noticed, I am a new member to this site. Have found a lot of useful information from here.

Mumbaiwala.

Wait a while before you start calling IIO. Postal delays are not something unusual. May be who knows your attorney might receive both your approvals. So give it a little while before you rush to conclusion.

Balamani

Disclaimer:
I'm not an attorney, pl. consult one.

Don't say your RD is really in 2002 ...

If you confirm that your RD in 2002, lot of people will get a jolt.
Mine is Sep 10/2001 and still waiting.

oops..sorry.
rd: is 11/24/2001
am still awaiting responses from people who have had this experience: getting approval notices for self and wife on different days..posibly due to postal delays? please let me know..

Have u checked the AVM or Online status check for your wife? What it says? If it says approved and 14 days have been passed you can call IIO to get another copy. Post the details.

My wife does not have a separate EAC number. She only has a different A#. I am the primary applicant. Any hints? Is this purely postal delay?

My wife received her approval on 3rd september & I did on 27th september, though I'm the primary applicant. She did her stamping earlier than me & got GC(plastic card) yesterday(Oct 15th 02). I did my stamping on Oct 5th & waiting for my card. Some of my other friends also received approvals on different dates for themselves & their spouses. I think its not a big deal.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck!!

That is so helpful to know. Thanks a lot. I'll update as soon as I receive my wife's approval notice.

suresh502

Your wife should have an EAC number different from yours, and an A# different from yours. Didn't you get separate I-485 receipt notices for you and your wife?
--
alaknanda
RD 10/24/01
ND 12/8/01
IND-NJ-EB1

OK.
RD is 11/24/01. That is my receipt date.
My FP date: 05/06/02.
AD: 10/07/02.

This forum has been particularly beneficial. Let me know if I could furnish more details.