Question on Advance Parole

sanshriv

Registered Users (C)
I have couple of Questions on AP:

1. Has anyone tried to file for AP on their own without involving a Lawyer. Just want to know any risks involved in doing so....

(My 140 is approved & am in process of using portability rule - so technically I do not have a lawyer at this time)

2. If AP is filed via lawyer, Does AP approvals go to lawyer or they directly come to recepient like EAD

I can answer the 2nd question. If lawyer files for AP, the approval document goes to the lawyer and not the beneficiary.

titu

Originally posted by sanshriv

1. Has anyone tried to file for AP on their own without involving a Lawyer. Just want to know any risks involved in doing so....

(My 140 is approved & am in process of using portability rule - so technically I do not have a lawyer at this time)

2. If AP is filed via lawyer, Does AP approvals go to lawyer or they directly come to recepient like EAD

------ No need to involve lawyer for AP filing you can file AP directly. Fill up form I-131, USCIS fees $110, 2 photographs, attach copy of I-485 receipt and copy of I-140 approval, write the reason for AP to visit old parents or vacations (do don’t care about the reason) if service center NSC or VSC then also attach the color copy of your driving license and color copy of your first page of passport that has your photographs. Send it to correct service center address and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Form I-131 for advance parole. Attach a cover letter write your name, DOB, your I-485 # and A# and write the documents attached for advance parole and sign the cover letter and write your home address. AP will come to your home address

Originally posted by sanshriv

Answer to Question 2. I have always used an Immigration Attorney to apply for EAD and AP. The Advance Parole goes to the attorney and one Copy comes to the applicant.

Originally posted by ginnu
------ No need to involve lawyer for AP filing you can file AP directly. Fill up form I-131, USCIS fees $110, 2 photographs, attach copy of I-485 receipt and copy of I-140 approval, write the reason for AP to visit old parents or vacations (do don’t care about the reason) if service center NSC or VSC then also attach the color copy of your driving license and color copy of your first page of passport that has your photographs. Send it to correct service center address and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Form I-131 for advance parole. Attach a cover letter write your name, DOB, your I-485 # and A# and write the documents attached for advance parole and sign the cover letter and write your home address. AP will come to your home address

My local service center (San Antonio) has cashed my I-485 check at the beginning of March, right when they recevied it.

But they haven't sent me a received letter. They show they are still processing documents from December. Do I need to wait for this document before I can apply for I-131? Or can I use my receival notice of the I-130 from the regional office (Mesquite, TX) and the SRC #?

My local service center (San Antonio) has cashed my I-485 check at the beginning of March, right when they received it.
---- I am confused!!! Employment based I-485 is filed with service center, how did you file I-485 with local USCIS office?????