Question on Address Change and mailing of Plastic GC

gc_ki_khoj_me

Registered Users (C)
I had changed my address after filing 485. I have sent the AR-11 forms too.

After both my and my spouse's case was approved we got the approval letter sent to the lawyer and the courtesy copy never arrived.

At the time of stamping we specifically wrote down our current home address for CIS to send the plastic card to that address.

I find now they have sent my spouse's card to my lawyer. Both my and my spouse's card were mailed on the same day as per online status.

My card never showed up at my current address or my lawyers address.

What needs to be done now? Can anybody help?

gc_ki_khoj_me said:

After both my and my spouse's case was approved we got the approval letter sent to the lawyer and the courtesy copy never arrived.

At the time of stamping we specifically wrote down our current home address for CIS to send the plastic card to that address.

I find now they have sent my spouse's card to my lawyer. Both my and my spouse's card were mailed on the same day as per online status.

My card never showed up at my current address or my lawyers address.

What needs to be done now? Can anybody help?

Speak to your lawyer. Speak to USCIS. Speak to USPS. Dont speak to people on this board, because you are asking a specific case question and no one would know what happened to your mail, or how to trace it back.

------------------------
Spirit of USA Personal Responsibility, Opportunity, Equality.

Filing I-90 in your case would be an over-kill. It is amazing how much impact a phone call has. Speak to USCIS, your lawyer and USPS to find out more. You would also want to mention some time line in this issue. Lets say your wife's GC was received at your lawyer's address last week, you might wait to see whether your GC arrives next week. No point in hitting the panic button so quickly.

Hope this helps.

------------------------
Spirit of USA Personal Responsibility, Opportunity, Equality.

I was in a similar situation, my card was sent to my old address even though I had filled AR-11 and I had my interview letter at my new address (mine was through my spouse). The local office had updated the address, but, the card was issued and sent by the TSC and they sent it to the old address, somehow, they realized this after my card was returned to them and they sent me a welcome letter at my new address (mind you his letter was stapled to the envelope with the old address). I called up the customer service and explained them the situation and they sent me the card again at my old address. Hence, i would suggest, call up the customer service and explain to them what happened. If you have a case #, that is going to make things smooth. Good luck.

gc_ki_khoj_me said:
AR-11 is not generally referred for a case related communication.