Question, My case- in Doldrum

jazz1

Registered Users (C)
Hi-
Just wanted to get some some feed back about my case.

Filed my N400 in Dec 06.

Received date is 12/11/06
Priority date is 12/11/06
FP done 1/10/07

Did call FBI, they said they sent back the information the following day.

I have not heard anything since. Should i go through Infopass to get any update.

By the way I am in Chicago.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

jazz1

Hi-
Just wanted to get some some feed back about my case.

Filed my N400 in Dec 06.

Received date is 12/11/06
Priority date is 12/11/06
FP done 1/10/07

Did call FBI, they said they sent back the information the following day.

I have not heard anything since. Should i go through Infopass to get any update.

By the way I am in Chicago.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

jazz1
You have to be a little bit patient.

Your FP was done on 1/10/07. Give at least 6 months before worrying.

jazz1:

I think Infopass is okay in your situation. As a matter of fact, mine is pretty much the same, so I did an Infopass. I'll do another one in July. At least it gives you understanding where you stand exactly, and helps to build the action plan (helps to build WOM file too).

update

Hi-
first let me thank everyone who responded.

Here is an a little update. I went for Infopass today 6/25. The IO told me that they are waiting on the dreaded name check. :( I guess now all i can do sit and wait.

Cybex yours and my timeline are pretty much the same. Hope we can keep each other posted on the progress.

Jazz

I wish

Hi-
first let me thank everyone who responded.

Here is an a little update. I went for Infopass today 6/25. The IO told me that they are waiting on the dreaded name check. :( I guess now all i can do sit and wait.

Cybex yours and my timeline are pretty much the same. Hope we can keep each other posted on the progress.

Jazz

jazz1,
I hope after your get your name check cleared, your IL is issued immediately. I wish it was just name check in my situation. I was called for my interview on Jan 22nd but then my interview was descheduled since my file wasn't transferred to the DO. They asked me to wait few weeks. It's been 5 long months and there is no word on my file yet. My name check was cleared when I was first called for the interview back in Jan. Upon my infopass appt last week, I was told that my case is still pending coz of background check. Always looking for some great solid feedback and suggestions.
Good luck to you Jazz.

jazz1,
.....I wish it was just name check in my situation.....I was told that my case is still pending coz of background check....

A few questions:
What is the difference between the two?
What in your opinion triggers each of these?
Haven't followed your case in the forum, but I am assuming you have solicited the help of your local congressperson and/or senator. No?

Answering your questions

A few questions:
What is the difference between the two?
What in your opinion triggers each of these?
Haven't followed your case in the forum, but I am assuming you have solicited the help of your local congressperson and/or senator. No?

takshila1,
Here is an answer that my attorney received few weeks back from Atlanta DO. Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with NC. That was cleared since January of this year. Take a look what he wrote:
In reference to Atlanta_Brother's application for naturalization, the TSC says that his background investigation has not been completed. The file will not be released until it has been completed.

What I have been told by my attorney, that this 3rd check is some kind of internal check (USCIS check) which is nothing but a quick 30 secs check. They basically verify, how this specific applicant got to this point. Are all his previous visas (F-1, H-1, GC) were issued thru proper channel, that's pretty much it. Dunno why it's taking 4-ever.
Yes, I have been in touch with my local senator. He recently sent another request to Atlanta DO to get an update regarding my file. Waiting for a response.

Hi Atlanta_Brother,
I am guessing you live in Atlanta (Clue from the name). It seems that you have an attorney who is representing you...Are you satisfied with the service of your attorney and if so, would you please provide the name to me. Thanks a lot.

Attorney

Hi Atlanta_Brother,
I am guessing you live in Atlanta (Clue from the name). It seems that you have an attorney who is representing you...Are you satisfied with the service of your attorney and if so, would you please provide the name to me. Thanks a lot.

jr4173,
Yes, I had an attorney who was working with my pending case since March but to hire was just waste of money to tell you the truth. While I was out of town working on a project, I just hired her so that she could run to the immigration office thru InfoPass and find out what exactly is going on and why my file wasn't transferred. She initially promised me that she will make every effort to locate my file since she has strong ties and connections with folks in Atlanta DO. She will go to the supervisor if it comes to that point and do every possible effort to get me an interview. She basically failed to keep her promise and atlast sent me a letter telling me that from this point onwards there is nothing that she could do for me so she is withdrawing and I am on my own. My file/case is pending because of background checks and I just have to wait. She didn't charge me much. She charged me about $375 which I thought would be fair and would atleast give me some mental peace while I am away from home and she will be able to give me updates time to time. Anyways, I would not recommend her to anybody. The funny thing is, 2 3 weeks back she told me that she strongly thinks that my file is lost and I should start my N-400 process all over again and then then next week she tells me that my file is sitting in TX due to further investigation.
You can send me a private message to remind me and I will give you this excellent attorney's contact info. I wish I had retained him earler. He is a very well known immigration attorney and you will be in safe hands.