Question : Location for Filing

purple

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My company is going to apply for a GC non-RIR. The employer is based in Texas and the client HQ is in California. The client as well as my employer have offices in many locations and I can perform my job activities from any of the other locations. I would seriously prefer some other location for the GC filing as both CA and TX are too slow. What are the requirements to be able to apply for GC for a location ?

Is it sufficient to have a job in that location or is it required that both the direct manager and the GC applicant need to be in the location to be able to apply from that area?

Thanks in advance !
- purple :confused:

Purple

Take advantage of the opportunity you got..company having office in multiple locations.....
Direct manager and his location has nothing to do with GC or LC application....He/She could be anywhere.....

For employee: It's a good idea to work in same location from where your application is going to be applied..Not required though.

BTW, Don't just check time Service centers are taking to process applications but also how much time SWA/DOL is taking to approve LC......

Good Luck.......

Usnycus and Jharkhandi
Thanks very much for the info ! I hope things work out well for all...
- purple

Re: Purple

Originally posted by usnycus
For employee: It's a good idea to work in same location from where your application is going to be applied..Not required though.

What difference that make? Does DOL handle cases differently if company has HQ in CA, branch in TX and emploee applies in TX? (note, I'm not asking about recruiting company/client, this is a case about a medium-size company having business in multiple states)