Question-L1 Visa/H-1 Visa

ac32303

I have my green card for last 2 years and plan to get married to my fiancee very soon who is in India. She works for a small US company for last 2-3 years. They are in existance for last 3-4 years in USA and do an annual revenue of $200-400K (its really a small company) and she helps them in India in identifying their import items and coordinating the ordering and selection etc...

He employer is fine with helping me with her visa but he is not sure if he has the capacity to help us given the size of his company. They have never done any H-1 or L-1 visas also in the past.

Can he apply for a L1 or a H-1 visa for her. She intends to come here and continue working for them ?

What will be a better visa to come to USA, H-1 or a L-1?

Are their any conditions that need to be satisfied for a L-1 visa?

Is Green Card faster for people with L-1 visa? Can L-1 visa holders work anywhere they want?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jai

Hi Jai,

You fiancee / gf's employer can petition for an H1 or a L1 visa.
I would recommend that you consult an immigration attorney for the process.

An L-1 visa is an intracompany transfer visa. Which I guess is easy to obtain.

L-1 visa holders as same as the H1 visa holders are allowed to work for the company which has sponsered them.

Hope this helps.

thanks-one more question

Sachin, Thanks for your response. Here is my concern.

What kind of paperwork is required to file for L-1 visa. ? Her salary was being paid as cash in India for last 3 years and we dont have any Paystubs to prove that? Please advise if you can throw some light.

Secondly, her company is very small, 200K-300K annual verifiable revenue. Are their any chances that L-1 can be cancelled?

Regards

Re: thanks-one more question

Jai,

I haven't gone through the L-1 visa process & I am really not sure on the paperwork required. You can always find some information on The INS Website

About your paystubs. I am really not sure on that. INS generally requires some sort of documentation of an employees salary.

Do consult an immigration attorney for more insight on this issue.

Thanks

Sachin.

L-1 Paperwork

Thanks, If anybody knows the process and details of the paperwork required, I will appreciate if you can post it as I need this information really urgently.

Jai