question for those who got their approvals.

Kevin65221

Registered Users (C)
my attorney told me when filed my 485 that TAXes return is not requirned by INS anymore. is it true? did you guys file your taxes return with you 485? this only applys to ones who filed after Oct. i guess. any comments on theis issue will be appreciated. thanks.

No Title

My 485 got approved last month. (see Ciba\'s list for details)
My lawyer didn\'t request my tax documents when 485 was filed last October. So I think the tax return/pay stabs are not necessary.

Even so, the CSC officers can issue RFE for these income documents to verify anything they doubt.

No Title

it may make sense. but the bad thing is that some attorneys think they are smart enough and they won\'t follow your request. if you file by youself, you may just send them everything. but i am afraid it may slow down your case cuz thay may get annoyed to see so much stuff in your package.:) who knows.! again DAMN them!

No Title

Hi ciba.. I just my passport stamped today for the temporary greencard.

I just need to ask you something..

I am in arizona.. went to ins at the apoointment time..went to counter when my number was called .

A IIO at the counter took my passport, i-94, at the approval notice.

she stamped the passport for temporay green card valid for 1 year until car arrivals...

At the end she asked where I was born.. and I told her I was born in india.

after that she told me that they can gonna keep the original approval letter of 1-485 and they will mail this back to me in 5-6 weeks.

Now my question is I am supposed to get the approval notice back to me.. after my passport stamping right at same time..

but officer took the approval notice and told me that they will mail back to me after 5-6 weeks.

is that indicating a problem ?.

Please answer my questions.. thanks.. I apprieciate..

kiyer007

No Title

For us CSC folks, tax returns and pay stubs are not required in
I-485 package. Good for us!

ciba

No Title

Ciba,
What will happen if my paralegal send my tax return when I file my I-485- I asked her why, she said that to prove that my I can support my spouse while my spouse is in H4. Does it make any sense?
Thanks, Nevermind