Question for Plastic Card receivers.....

RD_Sep27

Registered Users (C)
I would appreciate if the folks who have got Plastic Cards can answer the following questions:

1. Do you have to fill-out any forms for the PP stamping at the INS?

2. Do you have to order the plastic cards separately or when you go for PP stamping they are ordered automatically?

3. What is the date effective of your Permanent Resident Status on the plastic cards - the day you were approved/the day you got stamped or the day cards were printed/mailed out?

4. Do you think the 5 years wait for citizenship begins from the date effective on the card?

Thanks.

1. Do you have to fill-out any forms for the PP stamping at the INS?

You do fill out a form. You will also be finger printed, the one that goes on your card. I think the form is I89. It's all taken care at the counter when you go for stamping.

2. Do you have to order the plastic cards separately or when you go for PP stamping they are ordered automatically?

It's taken care when you go for stamping. No need to order seperately.

3. What is the date effective of your Permanent Resident Status on the plastic cards - the day you were approved/the day you got stamped or the day cards were printed/mailed out?

The day your case was approved.

4. Do you think the 5 years wait for citizenship begins from the date effective on the card?

Don't you think it's too early to think about this!!!!!
But the answer to your question is yes.

Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, pl. consult one.