question for people who are pending I-140 approval

quickdraw27

Registered Users (C)
Hey all

I am about to file for my I-140 with my current employer who, luckily has given me the option of filing either through VSC or NSC (my employer has recently opened an office in one of the states that comes under NSC's jurisdiction). I have looked through a lot of the posts and they seem to indicate that the VSC is much slower than NSC when it comes to clearing this stage. Some of the posts also seem to indicate that the processing dates as reflected on this website do not paint a true picture, in the case of the VSC.

Should I be taking something else into consideration when deciding where to file from, maybe the processing time for the I-485 stage?

Appreciate your input, all.

quickdraw

Rule for labor certification: location where the company's HQ/payroll is

I-140: Company's HQ location

I-485- Location of the applicant's residence.

I am not sure where your company's HQ is so I-140 should be applied in that jurisdiction.

Originally posted by karns
Rule for labor certification: location where the company's HQ/payroll is

I-140: Company's HQ location

I-485- Location of the applicant's residence.

I am not sure where your company's HQ is so I-140 should be applied in that jurisdiction.

What role will the location of applicant's residence play in I-485?
Any info will be helpful.

Thanks in Advance,

I-485 is Adjustment of Status (AOS) which belongs to the beneficiary and not employer so it is according to the benificiary's address.

Originally posted by karns
I-485 is Adjustment of Status (AOS) which belongs to the beneficiary and not employer so it is according to the benificiary's address.

Any chance of the speeding up the process depending on the benificiary's address location?

As fas as I know, VSC is currently fastest with I-485 (employement based) and the slowest in I-140s. CSC is fastest in I-140 and then may be NSC

Vermont service center is faster for 485's. So, Nebraska might give you an approval on 140 much quickly, but the total process for the green card will be longer.
I would go with NSC, because after getting an early approval of 140, you'll be protected under Rule AC21 (485 pending for 180 days), although your 485 might take longer. The Rule doesn't apply unless 140 is approved....tough decision though.