Question for folks who have replied to an RFE

tiger100

Registered Users (C)
How long does it take for INS to update their system to RFE received from the time they receive the RFE documentation. Any experiences? Its been a few days since Fedex'ed the RFE docs and I don't see the online message indicating the receipt.

it

depends on your luck.mine updated with in 4 days.my wife case is not upadted for 40 days.then we called to find out what happened to her case.IIO says they have not received any response from my wife and suggeted us send it again.we send again.at that time we send the froof of first one wht we have with fedex tracking number.i think by using that they found my wife first response and they upadted the site at the same time they send our second copy back.

so wait for reasonable ammount of time and call IIO if not updated.

hope this helps.

I got RFE on March 20th, My lawyer responded on 17th April and the message was updated on 22nd April. The message said they recieved my response on 22nd blah..blah...
It was updated on the same day.
Don't worry it will take atleast 5 Bus days (max).
Best of luck

prasadgc-
I meant to ask you this in my last post and I forgot. Both myself and my spouse got a RFE and both the RFEs were in the same envolope, in my reply I included the supporting docs for both in the same package. Did you do the same? and inspite of both the supporting docs were in the same package, they only entered your reply and not for your spouse?

no

we sent the responses separately with a week difference.my wife papers are misplaced and they tracked after i sent the second one.

your cases are diff .better to send separetly.if you send together better call them they might have thought that all together is a single case.

Thanks

You should call and find out for sure...

If you sent two envelopes in the same fedex package, then u might be fine otherwise its most likely that your wife's docs are included in your case file. If you dont see her info updated you should definitely call. Most probably you might have to resend your wife's docs..