• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question for ayoblack

smilly

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I just want to know ho long it took from when you sent new police certificate to them to when the eventually sent you your visa.
Thanks

Hi, I just want to know ho long it took from when you sent new police certificate to them to when the eventually sent you your visa.
Thanks

I called the courier service on Monday, the courier came to pick my passport and police certificate on the next day (i.e Tuesday), and my passport with visa was return on the following Tuesday. That is to say it took exactly one week.

Hi Ayo, I have sent my passport since wdnesday, and up till now Friday, I havent heard from them, I think it was due to the easter break, I will keep you posted anyway.

Hi Ayo, I have sent my passport since wdnesday, and up till now Friday, I havent heard from them, I think it was due to the easter break, I will keep you posted anyway.

It must have been because of the easter break. Do u know u can track it online with the reference number on the paper the courier guy gave u. Just log into their website (the one at the bottom of the paper the courier guy gave u) and enter the reference number, it will show if they've received it and if it has been sent back to u.
Wish u good luck.

dear ayo, i learnt you had your interview in london. my interview is in june in london can you pls advise me on what questions to expect, documents to get ready and how to get the police report from nigeria thanks

dear ayo, i learnt you had your interview in london. my interview is in june in london can you pls advise me on what questions to expect, documents to get ready and how to get the police report from nigeria thanks

Ladygaga,

They will ask u what date u came to England, the reason why u came to England (e.g to study), if u are studying what course, what other things do u do (like jobs), when are u planning to go to USA, if u are married what date did u get married, and maybe some little questions abt ur wife.

About documents, u need to get affidavit of support from ur sponsonr in the USA and also ask ur sponsor to give u his/her 2008 1040 federal tax return form, police certificate with finger print done in the UK, then ur birth certificate let it be a govt registered birth certificate.

About how to get the police certificate from nigeria. check for ur nearest police constabulary thru this link; http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/forms/uk_police_forces.pdf , call them to book appointment for fingerprint, they will ask u wht u want to use it for. After doing the finger print, then send it to alagbon in lagos for a certificate to be issued, they will attach the certificate to the fingerprint u sent to them. U can then take it to ur interview.

If u require any other informations do not hesitate to ask

as far as i know, police certificates in UK do not require fingerprinting

Yes u are right that police certificates in the UK does not require fingerprinting. But in Ladygaga's case she need to get one police certificate for staying in the UK for more than six months and that does not require fingerprinting. Because she came from Nigeria, she need to get another police certificate from Nigeria and that requires fingerprinting. America embassy London dont accept the fingerprinting done in Nigeria and so therefore she need to do just fingerprinting here and send it to Nigeria in order to get the Nigeria police certificate. Hope i've made myself clear.