Question EAD renewal

senmano

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus

My EAD expires in January but my H1B is valid till DEC 2003
do i still need to renew my EAD

Thanks in adv

If u r using ead to work u have to renew it. Better if u renew ead(In case of lay-offs u can use ead to work.

Urgent help : EAD and Employment Opportunity

I am on Adjustment of Status (AOS) and my EAD expires this January 27th. The EAD that was petitioned for renewal on Nov 18th was received at VSC on Nov 27. Upon checking the voice system there, I found that the processing time is running between 60-90 days i.e. I may receive the EAD some where in Feb 03.

I have a bad situation to handle here. I got laid off from a big 5 in Sept 02. But after 3 months of patient trying I have received a middle management offer from a fortune 500. The company wants me to start working from January 03. Questions:

1. If I assume employment in Jan 03, what will happen after the EAD expires on Jan 27th and I don't receive the renewal.
2. Is it advisable that I assume employment only after I get the EAD renewed?
3. Can I go ahead and share this screw-up with the prospective employer? What are the risks? can he deny the deal?
4. I am a resident of GA but the opportunity has come along in MA. Wd the change of state residency cause problems later?

Thanks/Bijan