• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question DV Visa

ghsam

Registered Users (C)
I understand the initial DV Visa is for 6 mths ,can i travel to the US for 1 months ,activiate my GC ,come back to my home country ,resign from my job and then travel back to the US with my spouse and all children before the expiration of the 6 month VISA

I understand the initial DV Visa is for 6 mths ,can i travel to the US for 1 months ,activiate my GC ,come back to my home country ,resign from my job and then travel back to the US with my spouse and all children before the expiration of the 6 month VISA

in the inital forms that you sent to KCC, did you indicate that your spouse and children would "follow" you to US?

No i stated to accompany with .but i read somewhere in the forum that you can travel back to ur home country and stay for not more than six months but i want to travel back for only one month and then take my family along.In any case what is the difference btn accompany with and follow to join with reagrds to DV.

No i stated to accompany with .but i read somewhere in the forum that you can travel back to ur home country and stay for not more than six months but i want to travel back for only one month and then take my family along.In any case what is the difference btn accompany with and follow to join with reagrds to DV.

ghsam,
no problem you can go back to your home country,but you have to mention to the us officer at the POE (port of entry) the reason why to have to go back to your home country for a month so he/she will put a note in the computer to avoid any problem when you ll come back to the USA............

your GC visa has the same value as the real GC. If possible you can wait for your GC before leaving(it takes 2 weeks to be obtained depending of the POE).

that is exactly what i intend doing.1 collect the GC as the principal applicant 2.travel back home
3.Resign formally from current job 4.travel back to US with family

Question what is average rate for a rented apt in US and how quicky can one secure one with one month stay in US

Urgent question if i fill accompany with on my Ds230 form and now want to change it to follow to join shd i inform kcc of this change or during the interview at the CP i state this change ie i want my family join at a latter date .

Urgent question if i fill accompany with on my Ds230 form and now want to change it to follow to join shd i inform kcc of this change or during the interview at the CP i state this change ie i want my family join at a latter date .

during the interview during CP. Remember all family members accompagnying you to USA have to attend the interview

Hi is there any guide or thread regarding . what are the steps to do when arrive in usa.

example. housing, driving licence,hp, bank.