• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

question concerning the requirement of a person who will welcome me in USA.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a very similar question to fakloun's one:

What if I don't have any friend or relative in the US to provide/help me with their address? I'm sure the embassy during my interview will want me to give them the address where to send the GC and I have none!

Getting a PO BOX from USPS is not an option for me, because it requires me to visit a USPS office personally (I currently live in the UK).

Has anyone out there had a similar situation? Or everyone who ever applied for GC via DV on this forum has a relative or friend in the US?

I advise you to write an email to KCC for the right information, I saw a faith that was from a good bank account can accept it even if you do not have someone in U.S.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a very similar question to fakloun's one:

What if I don't have any friend or relative in the US to provide/help me with their address? I'm sure the embassy during my interview will want me to give them the address where to send the GC and I have none!

Getting a PO BOX from USPS is not an option for me, because it requires me to visit a USPS office personally (I currently live in the UK).

Has anyone out there had a similar situation? Or everyone who ever applied for GC via DV on this forum has a relative or friend in the US?

Hey mate, have you got a job offer in the US? you could use that address. Alternatively call up the KCC and ask their advice. I will also do some digging on this issue because it is creating a lot of concern for my fellow DV selectees.

Whereabouts in the UK are you from? I used to live in Willesden Green (NW London).

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

I've had my interview on May 15 and I decided not to risk things and booked a vacation rental house in USA to make sure I have a valid residential and mailing address. The owner was happy for us to stay over an extended period of time so we will have enough time to get the physical GC, open bank accounts, get drivers licenses etc. before finding our own place to buy (or rent again).

During the documents gathering process at the embassy the staff member has asked me about our US address because my originally submitted DS-230 had just "will provide later" as an answer for question no. 10. I gave him the address of our rented house and it all went OK. At the end I've told him about my struggle of getting a US address just before the interview and asked him what would have happened if I didn't have an address ready. He said they are not checking if the address is valid and exists, therefore a Shipito or MailUSA address might be OK as long as it at least looks like a valid US residential address. No PO boxes on DS-230 item #10 he said.

Momo1980 - I live in Milton Keynes now which is about 30 minutes drive north from London. We moved away from the central London recently to escape the traffic and masses of people. Now I'm hoping to move to some nice specious suburbs of south Florida and forget about the British weather for ever! :)

I've had my interview on May 15 and I decided not to risk things and booked a vacation rental house in USA to make sure I have a valid residential and mailing address. The owner was happy for us to stay over an extended period of time so we will have enough time to get the physical GC, open bank accounts, get drivers licenses etc. before finding our own place to buy (or rent again).

During the documents gathering process at the embassy the staff member has asked me about our US address because my originally submitted DS-230 had just "will provide later" as an answer for question no. 10. I gave him the address of our rented house and it all went OK. At the end I've told him about my struggle of getting a US address just before the interview and asked him what would have happened if I didn't have an address ready. He said they are not checking if the address is valid and exists, therefore a Shipito or MailUSA address might be OK as long as it at least looks like a valid US residential address. No PO boxes on DS-230 item #10 he said.

Momo1980 - I live in Milton Keynes now which is about 30 minutes drive north from London. We moved away from the central London recently to escape the traffic and masses of people. Now I'm hoping to move to some nice specious suburbs of south Florida and forget about the British weather for ever! :)

Congratulations on your interview success mate and I wish you all the best with your new start in Florida (fantastic place!) and even I'm looking at some work opportunities there in Fort Lauderdale or Tallahassee (who knows we might meet up!).

I've been to Milton Keynes several times, got a friend who lives in Westcroft so I used to vist all the time when I lived in London some 10 years ago. And yes British weather was crap lol!

Good luck mate! Do stay in touch on the forum.