Question - Ciba and Gurus

helper007

Registered Users (C)
Ciba, Now once my EAD is approved, if I lose my job at this time, will I be in status till the EAD is applicable.

WIll appreciate your response.

Thanks

No Title

helper,

Once you are in AOS stage, you don\'t have to worry about losing
status. You are in status no matter what.

ciba

No Title

EAD may be valid for one year. Loosing job doesn\'t change that.
But you may have problem to renew it when EAD come to expire.
That\'s why you need to start a new H1, not transfer since you
already used EAD card, if you want to stay beyond EAD vaild period.

No Title

Man, you are my hero! I didn\'t know this. So if I am fired, I can have still couple of months when I can enjoy looking for another job.
Will the AP be valid as well (in case I was going to enjoy myself abroad...) ?

Thx,
Bogdan

No Title

A follow-up question: will the 485 petition be nullified if I lose my job? Can I still get my green card? I heard at the time of 485 approval, INS will need your employment letter or paystubs to stamp your passport. So does it mean if I lose my job I will have to reapply for green card?

Thanks,
fluker

No Title

I have heard you don\'t need to show ANY documents (other than your passport , ofcourse :)) at the time of stamping.

If at all any documents are needed, they will issue an RFE before they approve your I-485 !!

Am I right guys ??

No Title

Whoooo, you guys are confusing me.

Are you saying if I have an AOS pending and an EAD
card, even if I get laid off under 180 from AOS RD then
I can still get a green card?

Is this right. If so, then indeed you are my heroes,
you are the wing beneath my wings.

Bongo A Gogo

No Title

Friends, Once you get EAD, it doesn\'t mean that you can change JOB. You need to pass the 180 days then you can change the job ( or fired ). If you change the job, you need the get job in similar field and with similar pay and so on as per your labor application. INS may ask for employment letter and job description from new company.

Sheaf\'s

No Title

Sheff\'s statements are correct. Bongo, as an EB immigrant, you
must have a job to be eligible for immgration. Also, at the time
of stamping, no employment letter is needed. Your status and
employment are carefully examined during AOS stage. No further
verification is done at stamping. I hope this clarifies the confusion.

ciba

No Title

Here is an answer from www.usvisanews.com:

1. Assume I made it to the I-485 stage and got my EAD. My EAD was supposed to be valid for one year. Will it continue to be valid even if I get fired? Same for AP.

A: An EAD card and advance parole are not employer-specific, thus you may work for a new employer and travel outside the U.S. based on your existing EAD and travel document until their dates of expiration. Your main concern in the above scenario should be finding another permanent position in the U.S. because you will need to show that you hold or have been offered such a position by the time your I-485 nears the end of adjudication. You may be able to avail yourself of the 180 day provision that lets you transfer the entire process to another employer so long as the job is identical or very close to the job that got you to the I-485 stage.

No Title

Gurus,
I applied for my 485 in EB3 and following are the info -
RD 02/13/2001
FP 03/16/2001
Got my EAD and payrole

If I get laid of now, is there any way that, I can get my GC without starting over everything with anew employer?What are options to stay in status?

Any info will be helpful.

No Title

got laid off now. have valid ead till sep\'2001. applied for ead renewal last month and 485 is pending 9 months. please advise