Question: Apply Citizenship for me, and GC for my wife

Would you send your husband/wife away not to become illegal knowing that he/she is eligible to file for AOS being illegal?
Definitely.

Besides the fact that it is improper, nothing is guaranteed. Suppose the OP's wife get into an auto accident while being illegal. They check her immigration status and start a removal proceeding. A slim chance but possible nonetheless. Never mind that she won't be able to travel to her home contry when she has a family matter to attend to. Never mind that she can't work. Never mind that she will be afraid to call police when she gets harrased by a stranger. And so on. And so forth.

If we use your logic, it is OK to jump the border, come into US without inspection, and marry a US citizen, which allows you to file I-601 waiver. The law allows it, right? Is the goal using any means necessary to gain immigration status?

Get professional Advice

Hi,
Would you pleasse..please...help me with my situation:
- My GC started 7/22/2002, I will apply for citizenship 4/30/2007
- My wife has H1B visa which is going to expire in 12/10/2007, this is her 6th year on H1B (can't extend H1B after 6yr as I understand)
- We live in San Jose, CA. Looking at the typical N400 timeline, I would probably get my citizenship certificate (oath date) around Dec 2007

My question is, what is the best way to keep my wife stay and possibly keep working in the US? her employer do not want to sponsor GC.
My only plan is:
- Once I receive the certificate of citizenship in Dec 2007, I apply for GC for my wife.
- She should get her EAD in 2-3 months, and GC for ~4 months.
- In the meantime (Dec'07-Mar'08) she can go back to school, and obtain an F1 permit. I assume obtaining the EAD for my wife is 2-3 months, is this true?

Is this the only viable option for me? Can I apply EAD for my wife before I receive my citizenship (like apply right now when I am still a PR, not a citizen)? if so, when can she get the EAD?

Thank you in advance

I would suggest that you get professional advice. Perhaps there may be other options that you may not be aware of.