Question abt FP at San jose Charcot Ave ASC

drkamath

Registered Users (C)
hi,

I recvd a 2nd FP notice - but its scheduled way away on 21 Aug - so I was thinking of doing early 2nd FP...

Went on morning of sat 7/10/04 - was turned away by the guard to come on date of scheduling...I didnt pursue cos there were quite a few ppl anyways - guard also mentioned abt lots of ppl...

I scanned this forum & find many have done early FP at same center...

1. Does San jose ASC allow you to do early FP now a days?
2. If yes, any idea what is a good day of week/time to go for early FP?
3. Is there a phone# u can call to reschedule for earlier date? If yes, any success with that phone #?

TIA!

undefinedundefined

Yes, You surely can do FP earlier in SJ.
2-3PM weekday and 11:30AM Saturday for me and my wife.

What were you thinking going for early fingerprinting in the morning. Don't you know that. Should have gone later in the day. It was empty.

We went early in the morning on saturday to Charcot ASC. There was a big crowd there so the gaurd shooed us away. But I came bank after lunch around 2 pm and the center was absolutely empty. Had no problem in getting finger printed.

When I went back for the second time, the gaurd said something like "didn't you come this morning also." I told him "All of us indian look the same, so you must have seen someone else." He got confused and let us in.

In any case if your going for fingerprinting then early morning is bad time. People get to excited when the get fingerprint notice in the mail so they go to get fingerprinting done right after waking up in the morning.

Try afternoons next time.

When we went there for an early FP gaurd there asked the officer inside and allowed us..may be becuase there were only about 5-10 people. We went on a Thursday and were there before they open door. You also can request them saying that you will be out of town on the appontment day. But I guess the risk is they may ask us to come after the scheduled date....again its just my guess.

drkamath said:
hi,

1. Does San jose ASC allow you to do early FP now a days?
2. If yes, any idea what is a good day of week/time to go for early FP?
3. Is there a phone# u can call to reschedule for earlier date? If yes, any success with that phone #?

TIA!

SJ ASC does allow you todo early FP; The center must be empty at that time for this.
We went thrice; eventually got it done on Mon 2:30pm. Tried also on Thursday evening and Friday eve.
You can reschedule to a later date - not earlier, but why not try?

We had to try twice at the ASC for early fingerprinting, first on a Wed late afternoon and then on Saturday, June 26th around 3:00. We walked in, very few people around, told the guard we had to get FP done, did not mention the "early" part ;-), were done in about 15 minutes

what about Oakland?

I got request for 2nd FP (yeaaah) for August 13th in Oakland.
I would like to anticipate it.
Does anybody know if it is possible to do advanced FP in Oakland?

Thx

2nd FP received 07/08/04, scheduled 08/17/04, went to San Jose ASC at 2:30pm on 07/09/04, got out at 3:00pm with FP done (me and spouse), no questions asked.

update on trying to reschedule FP appt to earlier date

Called 1800# - the lady told me only way to reschedule a FP is to do it by snail mail...no local phone # to call for it...

So looks like sneaking into an empty ASC for early FP is only viable option - would hardly trust CSC to resched real quik by snail mail...Also who would want to send the paper notice back to them? weird (CSC) fellows arent they?

Do not do early FP

USCIS sometimes does not recognize your FP and consider that you have to go again to redo the FP on the date. They will not pick up your case anyway until your scheduled date. So DON"T jeopardize your GC. You have waited so long, a couple of weeks will not hurt

huh?!!

1485_applicant said:
USCIS sometimes does not recognize your FP and consider that you have to go again to redo the FP on the date. They will not pick up your case anyway until your scheduled date. So DON"T jeopardize your GC. You have waited so long, a couple of weeks will not hurt

That is first time I am hearing this advise!!!! As far as I know it doesnt cause any problems...Matter of fact, my 1st FP was done early & I didnt have any problems whatsoever...

anyone else has opinion on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
both apparently untrue (based on my analysis).

1485_applicant said:

1485_applicant said:

Nonsense. I did mine in a different ASC and on a different day than scheduled. Just walked-in when they weren't busy. Results are transmitted electronically to USCIS, so it doesn't matter where you do them. If they don't 'recognize' your FPs then it's a quality control problem with the prints themselves, and they may ask you to do them again, but that's rare.

FP done

went at 3 PM - absolutely empty place...

no questioins asked by guard abt appt etc....took forms...looked at photo id/hands etc & we were sent in to get on with it...

Thanks to all who answered my questions...

does anyone know what he FBI # is? how long shud i wait bfore I check with FBI???

drkamath said:
went at 3 PM - absolutely empty place...

no questioins asked by guard abt appt etc....took forms...looked at photo id/hands etc & we were sent in to get on with it...

Thanks to all who answered my questions...

does anyone know what he FBI # is? how long shud i wait bfore I check with FBI???
Normally, you'll see an update on your case status within a week or two.

I would say contact the FBI if nothing has changed for 3 weeks -- usually it changes in a week for most people.

I think the FBI # is 304-625-5590