Question about using EAD card

qibqo

Registered Users (C)
My husband filed 485 in Feb. 2001 and got EAD card a couple of days ago. Since he has been on bench for over 2 months, he begins to worry about being laid off anytime. He is thinking about taking personal leave to save the green card. I have a couple of questions.
Can he use EAD to work for somebody else while he is on personal leave? Right now, he is on H-1B.
I am on H-1B now and I never used EAD. For the safety, I am applying for GC the same time and my job is much more stable. Right now, I am about to file I140. If he used his EAD and his 485 doesn\'t go through, can I let him apply with me?
I know it\'s preety complicated questions and I should contact our lawyer. But I just want to get some knowledge from you guys first since I feel you guys know a lot about it.
Thanks!
qiqbo

No Title

It is perfectly valid to work anywhere if you have EAD (i.e. your husband has filed I-9 with his employer on the EAD.) He can keep on working anywhere during the pendancy of GC application using the EAD.

As far as he coming on your 485 application during the pendancy of his 485 application: there are few ways of handling this. However it is better to get legal advice as the modus operandi for such cases differs subjectively.

No Title

Could u please tell me when ur ead was approved and when u received it in mail? my ead was approved on may 2 havent got it as yet?
Thanks much