Question about US I-485 process and Canadian GC

How do you get the Canadian PR VOIDED?

My cousin landed in Canada a couple of years ago due to uncertainty in the US job but he did not live there. He has neither filed taxes nor taken any benefit from Canada. How can he get his CPR revoked or voided? He does not want to move to Canada.
Thanks for the reply.

No Title

Hi tt tt !

If you have submitted (relinquished) landing documents you are no longer a PR in Canada even if you have stamp and IMM1000 written at the side of stamp.

Hope this helps you.

Kishan Patel

OK but then..

if the US INS needs proof that I have indeed surrendered my
landing paper, what do I show ? some kind of receipt ?

Really!! For Candian PR... 2 out of yrs OK?

Is this law retroactive?

Wow,can a Landed Resident stay outside Canada for 2 years in a row right after landing?

Thanks

I heard the selection criteria was applied retroactively.

no news on the 2/5 yrs req however

Thanks...

You know what,

I did all of them except RRSP and RESP.
But some how they rejected it.
What my question though is why you are going out side of Canada???
what would you write there??

Would you please let me know?

Thanks,

Canadian Green Card and USA card

I fully agree wuth JavedG statement. If you land in Canada they will stamp in your Passport "Canadian landed Resident". When you apply 485 you will have to submit all your passport pages. So when INS notice that you are a Canadian Resident, INS will blindly refuse to approve your 485. So be very very very carefuly at this time.

that is not correct.

The stamp on your passport is exactly the same as the one they
give to visitors. Plus since one is not a US PR when the 485 is
processing , allying for or getting another country\'s PR has no
bearing whatsoever. I checked this will 3 lawyers, and they said
that having a canadian PR has no relation to 485 processing or
approval.
what JavedG said might appeal to \'morality\' but that is not the
law.

FYI

I already posted this before. Maybe this is different than your case...

A few years ago, I saw an immigration officer denied a couple entered to US because they have US green card and they are also Canadian PR. I don\'t know about the details but I know that the officer took away their GC on the spot. Probably they are able to appeal their cases or maybe they got their green card back later. I am not sure. Since I have to wait a while to get my TN visa, I waited with them. The officer refused to hear from them and "asked" them to wait outside. They told me that they have no problems before when they crossed the border. They have been travelling to and fro between US and Canada for many times. I think it depends on the officer and your luck...

I agree to that

keeping both PRs and travelling between US and Canada is inviting trouble.
what I have said is that having a canadian PR will not affect the
US Green card processing in the 485 stage. once you get the green
card the can pr is definitly void. then trying to enter canada
as a PR is asking for trouble

No Title

I think if you have Canadian PR and got I-485 approved in USA. You should never use Canadian PR to travel into Canada, it just like you are cuting your legs. Fisrt thing one needs to do after geting GC in USA is to surrender Canadain GC and get receipt from Canadian Consulate in USA. If you don\'t do that never travel in Canada. It will cost you both the GC and you may end up in deportion proceeding. Come on guys we all are well educated and we know what is right and what is wrong ?

Keeping residency in two country is not possible with exception to Australia as some body was telling Australian GC is valid for five years without a physical presence.

To surrender Canadain landing papers even if it is required you to go to Canadian Consulate, I think you should do that.

Kishan Patel

US & Canadian PR at a time

Hi
this discussion has been very interesting and useful regarding US and Can green cards. But just out of curiosity I wanna know if somebody has the info, do US INS & canadian Immigration officials exchange info related to each other\'s country green cards holder or have access to each other\'s databases or somethin like that ? how canadian official will know that this guy is also having I485 or GC in the us (if there is no stamp on passport)??? if anybody has any info or experience please share with us .. thank you in advance

there has been some talk about that

..after the attacks the CDN and US governments are trying to
track movement of people by giving access to others data bases,
but that is just not implementable. Anyway the canadian officials
will not know about the 485 stamps unless you have some kind of
parole stamp on the I-94, I have visited canada about 5 times
since I got my PR, the last time just before sept 11, and the border
checks were nil, even my passport was not checked, when I travelled
by road.