Question about transfer - Guru's plz help

ekta

Hi folks,

I recently started my J-1 trainee(duration=18 months) in a company. I am plaaning to go through no-objection and waiver process. However, before doing that I want to change my host company(company where I am getting trained). I want to apply for training in some other company.

My question is: Is it fairly simple process of changing of host companies or is there any time limit before which I can not change the host company. I started working as a trainee 1 month ago. I followed many posts in this forum but was unable to get appropriate answer for this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ekta

Hi folks,

I recently started my J-1 trainee(duration=18 months) in a company. I am plaaning to go through no-objection and waiver process. However, before doing that I want to change my host company(company where I am getting trained). I want to apply for training in some other company.

My question is: Is it fairly simple process of changing of host companies or is there any time limit before which I can not change the host company. I started working as a trainee 1 month ago. I followed many posts in this forum but was unable to get appropriate answer for this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ekta

Transfer of J visa is very simple; I did it two times before. The current employer, after confirming acceptance of transfer from the prospective one, will do it online and from that time you will belong to other employer who will print new DS and hand it to you. The few problems I faced is that new employer personnel do not understand that will and tried to put many obstacles just because of ignorance. The other point is that some employers (internal regulation) refuse J transfer if less than one year is left in your J and because of that, I extended my J for two years with the old employer and after few hours of the approval, I transferred the extended one.

My J1 category is trainee where the maximum duration for visa is 18 months. I am not comfortable in my host company and I asked my sponsor company that whether I can change the host company or not. My question is that if the sponsor company is not cooperating for the change of the host company then can the change of the host company be done from some other sponsor company?
P.S: The change of the host company would be under the same program type.
Thank You.

My J1 category is trainee where the maximum duration for visa is 18 months. I am not comfortable in my host company and I asked my sponsor company that whether I can change the host company or not. My question is that if the sponsor company is not cooperating for the change of the host company then can the change of the host company be done from some other sponsor company?
P.S: The change of the host company would be under the same program type.
Thank You.

The sponsor company has nothing to do, it is the other company who want to sponsor you (new sponsor) till the maximum time allowed for your J category (for example 3 or 5 years). By the offer from the new company, the old sponsor will transfer you unless there is certain agreement with the current sponsor which by itself will prohibit you from transfer.