Question about the form of renewal of Indian Passport

Mywayz

Registered Users (C)
Hi mates,

My 10 year passport expired in 2004 in India and that was the time i was about to come to India, my tickets had been alredy booked that time so i basically had to get an instant passport so that i could come over to USA. So i was issued only a 5 year passport.

Now that passport is about to expire in June this year.

Can you guys help me in finding the correct form to download???

my local embassy is Washington DC Indian embassy

I am guessing that instead of downloading the form for the renewal of passport, i should be looking for the one which says extension of passport?

Kindly help this student

thanks

You will have to apply for a renewal, not extension. You will be given a new passport valid for 10 years.

You will have to apply for a renewal, not extension. You will be given a new passport valid for 10 years.

hi mate but i am still confused what's the extension of passport.

because according to that extension passport form, it is supposed to be filled by the people who were given passport in some emergency for 5 years. and thats the same issue of mine

If your passport was issued under tatkal scheme and has 5 years validity you can extend it. (sorry for the incorrect info in my previous post.) The following is from indianembassy.org:

Application for the extension of Short Validity Passport is to be submitted on the prescribed ‘Application Form For Extension of Short Validity Passport’. The validity of such passports are normally extended upto 10 years from original date of issue whereas the original passport has a validity of five years (issued under ‘Tatkal’ Scheme) or whose validity is one year, issued in emergencies against a lost / damaged passport.

Please note that if the applicant’s passport was issued for normal validity of 10 years, the application must be submitted for renewal of passport after 10 years.

Don't Waste your time and money on going trough the passport office and getting linked with the employers over there.. Just be relaxed and apply for the new one ! :)