Question about reusing previous I-140

amigo_rk

Question about reusing previous I-140 - Please help

HI !

My previous company has filed for green card and its priority date is Nov 1998. My I-140 is also through with the same company in June 2000.

After completing 140 stage, I have accepted employment with a different company and they have filed my green card in Sept. 2003. It is currently in the Backlog Reduction Center and we are expecting the labor to be cleared within the next 4-5 months or so (received notification for recruitment in Jan).

My questions are,

1. After completing labor with the current company, can I re-use the I-140 that I obtained when I was working for my previous employer?
2. If yes, do I get the priority date of my previous labor, that is, Nov 1998?
3. Since the previous labor/140 is approx. 7 years old, will there be any issues while re-using with the currently company.
4. Is it possible for my previous employer to revoke my I-140?
5. How can I check whether my I-140 is revoked or not? Calling my employer is my last option.

Note: I have recently checked the status in the INS case status website by entering the EAC # printed on my previous I-140. It shows that the process is completed in June 2000. Does it mean that it has not been revoked?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know the answers to the questions above too.
Anyone can share their knowledge/thought?

HI !

My previous company has filed for green card and its priority date is Nov 1998. My I-140 is also through with the same company in June 2000.

After completing 140 stage, I have accepted employment with a different company and they have filed my green card in Sept. 2003. It is currently in the Backlog Reduction Center and we are expecting the labor to be cleared within the next 4-5 months or so (received notification for recruitment in Jan).

My questions are,

1. After completing labor with the current company, can I re-use the I-140 that I obtained when I was working for my previous employer?
2. If yes, do I get the priority date of my previous labor, that is, Nov 1998?
3. Since the previous labor/140 is approx. 7 years old, will there be any issues while re-using with the currently company.
4. Is it possible for my previous employer to revoke my I-140?
5. How can I check whether my I-140 is revoked or not? Calling my employer is my last option.

Note: I have recently checked the status in the INS case status website by entering the EAC # printed on my previous I-140. It shows that the process is completed in June 2000. Does it mean that it has not been revoked?

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar question, if anyone know the above question, would you please shield some light? Thanks for your help in advance!