Question about 'Receipt with Exception' letter for N-400

ahacali

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just received my "Receipt with Exception" letter from the USCIS after I filed my N-400 two weeks back. The letter contained the following statement:

"The above application has been received by our office and is in the process, but has been noted with one or more of the following exception(s):
Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview. You will be notified under separate notice of the necessary evidence(s) that you will be required to bring to your interview. Do not submit any evidence(s) by mail."

I sent all the necessary documents with my application, based on 5 ysr as a LPR --- N-400 form, photos, check, copy of GC.

Is this kind of receipt letter normal? The letter did not state what evidence(s) was missing. Are they referring to the original documents that I will be taking to the interview? Are they talking about fingerprinting document (FD-258)? Could this exception have been triggered because I stated my traffic violation on the N-400 form? What evidence could the USCIS be referring to???

Any comment, opinion or sharing of similar experience by people who have received such a letter would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Aha.

Exceptions on N-400 receipts

I got the exact same exception of my n-400 receipt notice as you did. My wife on the other hand did not get this exception.

I think it could be either because I am a male and they want this letter from Selective Service Registration to show that I didn't have to register (because I was over 26 when I cam here). I didn't attach this letter b/c this is what they say in the instructions (not to attach it if you were over 26 etc...).

The other thing could be the speeding tickets. I have 4 tickets in the past 10 years and checked the box yes and listed my tickets without attaching proof for the court (which I have in my possession to show that I paid them). My wife never got a speeding ticket and therefore checked no.

perfectly normal

I got the exact same thing on my receipt and I wasn't asked for any additional evidence in my interview letter.

I think traffic tickets cause "receipts with exception".
Or "yes" answer anywhere, where it should be "no".
The only solution is to bring 3 tonns of docs to interview.