Question about re-entry permit/returning resident

goskar

I am a US citizen and moved outside US 18 months ago. My wife had a green card, but did not apply for a re-entry permit. We want to move back to the US now. How can I get a re-entry permit for my wife?

Thanks.

She can't get a reentry permit now. It is necessary to apply for the reentry permit before leaving the US.

If you were abroad in the US military, and she accompanied you when abroad (except in combat zones) she can return to the US without a reentry permit by showing your military papers and proof that she accompanied you and wasn't living in a third country. I believe the spouses of nonmilitary US government employees abroad also get a similar benefit.

If that doesn't apply, she'll need to apply for a Returning Resident Visa (SB-1).

If the SB-1 visa is denied, you'll need to apply for a fresh green card for her, redoing the green card process from scratch. That would take about 6-12 months.

Hi,
I was issued Greencard when I was minor and haf to return back to my home country with my parents as a child I could have not stayed alone in US.
Few yrs back I had to surrender my Greencard as I had to apply for business visa through my company.
I came to know about return resident visa,can I try for the same as I a child I did not had control of situation then.