Question about Processing time for Medical RFE

SMSU

Registered Users (C)
I was issued an RFE for Medical on 08/30 and VSC AVM acknowledged receiving my response on 10/09/01. It has been more than a month but so far I haven\'t heard those sweet "Approval" words from AVM. As I go through RFE experiences of other members of this site, I find my case extremely exceptional since it has already been a while. Like others, I am getting worried and and sick of calling and checking AVM. I would appreciate if any of you kindly share your experience regarding Medical RFE cases. Is my case normal or I should be more worried? Your response is appreciated.

I am in the same boat

ND 10/13/2000 received reference in august last week. INS received our documents by 9/18/2001. Its 2 months now and no approval still. Called INS twice, first time IIO said all documents are available, will hear with in a month. My daughter completed 14 years on 9/27, the same day they send out a letter saying she needs to go for finger printing,and to send a moneyorder for $25.00. lawyer received letter on OCT 1st , send the MO on 3rd oct, INS cashed it on NOV 2nd. No finger printing notice yet. My husband called INS again on NOV 2nd. The IIO this time said it is still with officer, have all documents. You can here something within next 180 days. Its really depressing

same here

ND 11/2000, RFE issued on 9/28 by VSC, INS received RFE reply back on 10/18, still waiting.

Still Waiting!

I am still waiting to hear something about my case. I was asked by my employer to join them as a permanent employee by Dec 31st as they refused to extend my contract as a consultant. Also, my consulting company is not keeping anyone on the bench for more than 10 days. My only option would be joining my client before Dec 31st using my EAD but sadly my EAD (the one I applied last year as a back up) will expire in 2 weeks and I am yet to apply for an extension (hoped like a fool that my 485 would be approved soon). Anyways, now I decided to apply for my EAD extension but I don\'t see any hopes to get my EAD approved by Dec 31st. I stopped calling VSC to check my AVM out of frustration and now I am completely at a loss thinking about my future.

Center: VSC; ND: 10/2000; RFE Issued: 10/30/2001; RFE Replied and Received by VSC: 10/09....no news yet.....RFE was for Medical

RFE

May I ask why people get RFE for Medical information? Aren\'t we required to have our medical exam done before filing I-485? Why does INS need it to be done again?