• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about photo

puda

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

One question: do you know how many people get disqualified for a bad photo during the dv lottery draw? (fuzzy photo etc.)

I was just wondering since some people have been asking me. Is there some official statements about that? Don't think so though but just wondering.

Hey guys,

One question: do you know how many people get disqualified for a bad photo during the dv lottery draw? (fuzzy photo etc.)

I was just wondering since some people have been asking me. Is there some official statements about that? Don't think so though but just wondering.

Examples here:
http://travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotoreq/photoexamples/photoexamples_5300.html

Fuzzy photos would be same as, or similar to, "poorly focused photos" which is one example of an incorrect photo. I would say that a fuzzy photo would be disqualified.

I don't think there is any statistics for that.

I don't know about others , but my photo was a fuzzy and a streched one. I didnot consider much when applying it online and never thought that I could get a chance.

Once I was informed by mail (in 2008) , I used to go through this forum and checked the photo which I submitted for the online entry. I was mad , it was not clear .

finally I contacted the consular officer in my country and asked about it. His answer was "Donot worry about the photo submitted . You have already been selected and it won't be a problem.

That is just my experience and I live in USA with my family since 2010

I don't know about others , but my photo was a fuzzy and a streched one. I didnot consider much when applying it online and never thought that I could get a chance.

Once I was informed by mail (in 2008) , I used to go through this forum and checked the photo which I submitted for the online entry. I was mad , it was not clear .

finally I contacted the consular officer in my country and asked about it. His answer was "Donot worry about the photo submitted . You have already been selected and it won't be a problem.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. My photo isn't perfect either, it's clear but i guess it goes under the "head too big" category. You can't see my shoulders much. I, too, didn't pay much attention when submitting.

I should have my interview in May and I hope all goes well...

Good to know! It really means only the "validation photo software" makes the photo valid! Jeez and I was worrying about my photo ;) Well it should be fine!

hmmmmmmmm....
am so optimistic about my photo from the comments of previous posts.
thks.
less than 11weeks to here GOOD NEWS.