question about "pending files for oath ceremory"

Vithai

Registered Users (C)
i interviewed for nationlity from july 2005 but still now i did'nt receive anything from them... i call to them and they told to me waiting for fbi checking my files...my file is pending.. pls help me the way to deal with this case... do u know how long fbi checking my file?? i really worry about that.. help me!

Hi ,
Hope you are having a great Saturday. Did you get a form after the interview from the IO showing that you have passed the History, Civics and english test and he checks of " Congradulations, you have being recommended for citizenship as you meet all eligible criteria". Note the words I have said may not be the same as in the form. Hope this is helpful.

And at the bottom of the form, did you notice this:

"Please be advised that under section 336 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, you have the right to request a hearing ... before the U.S. district court if the USCIS has not made a determination on your application within 120 days of the date of your examination"

There's lots of info about how to request that hearing. It's probably a good idea at this point.

Hi ,
Hope you are having a great Saturday. Did you get a form after the interview from the IO showing that you have passed the History, Civics and english test and he checks of " Congradulations, you have being recommended for citizenship as you meet all eligible criteria". Note the words I have said may not be the same as in the form. Hope this is helpful.

everything is passed.. the history,english,civic...but they aloso say pending... waiting for fbi check my files... i really dont know how long i need to wait for that

everything is passed.. the history,english,civic...but they aloso say pending... waiting for fbi check my files... i really dont know how long i need to wait for that

Since you've had your interview, you only needed to wait 120 days...
Sue them!

i waited for 1year and 7 month already... i really worry about that.. how long fbi check my file?

Did the IO check the box where it says "Congratulations! Your case has been recommended for approval. At this time is appears that you have established your case for ....."?

Well I had my interview back in March 2005. I passed the history and civic tests and was told that my case is pending due to name check. I havent received anything back from them since then. I contacted my congresswoman, she said the same thing, pending FBI name check. She said that she inquired about my case from the FBI abouw 6 or 7 months ago and no response yet. I don't know what the next step should be.

Well I had my interview back in March 2005. I passed the history and civic tests and was told that my case is pending due to name check. I havent received anything back from them since then. I contacted my congresswoman, she said the same thing, pending FBI name check. She said that she inquired about my case from the FBI abouw 6 or 7 months ago and no response yet. I don't know what the next step should be.

Wow! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be in your shoes. I hope things look better soon for you...

I hate to ask this, but do you have a Muslim name? If so, that would explain the lengthy name check.

Yes, I actually do have a muslim name, but I ve heard that even non muslim names get stuck in this name check thing.....I don't know what to do next

Okay great! Reading that article should put EVERYONE who has passed the interview but hasn't gotten the oath letter on pins! That's scary. I mean, how can this be? I thought that they can't schedule an interview until all background checks are complete! I guess the only plausible explanation is that the guy in the article applied in 2005 and the new law came into effect in mid 2006.

Man, I'm not going to sleep well until that N-445 comes knockin'

When I found this article, it really shocked me.....but I guess anything is possible. I'm worried about my 'unusual' timeline in Dallas DO. Hope Infopass will be helpful...

When I found this article, it really shocked me.....but I guess anything is possible. I'm worried about my 'unusual' timeline in Dallas DO. Hope Infopass will be helpful...

Yeah, your timeline looks strange especially for Dallas - where it looks like (from reading this board) people are getting oaths in a matter of days/weeks. 3 months and no n-445? hhhmmmmm.....

So, what's your take on the security check thing, as in do the schedule interviews only after it's complete or not?

I called USCIS and they said 'final approval' is granted (whatever that means..). I asked 'is there anything pending?' IO replied no! and said, congratulations you are in oath ceremony list.... and that's where I'm confuse. I have taken infopass and will find out what's going on....hopefully they will hand me in letter..ha ha ha...:(

future_citizen: when you say your case was finally approved, what does that mean? I mean, what was checked on your N-652, the "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval....." box or the "pending" box?

Another question: what number do you call CIS at? the 800-375-x... one or another? I tried the 800 # but could not get to speak to anyone knowledgeable..... all she did was take my info and tell me it's pending...

Mario, actually it is strange that whenever I called they said: Please let me transfer you to an immigration officer, who will be checking your file.
Yes, I called USCIS number that given on the 'status' website.
I called several times and I got many 'different' answer from folks sitting on the other end. One person said, your 120 days are not over yet...so wait! another said, since Dallas DO office is showing their processing dates just few days over your original N-400 filing date, you should wait until they have passed 30 days. Another answer was....since you pass 90 days, i can write an inquiry for you to the officer who interviewd you. All these answers came from the folks with their ID starting with Gxxx.
I was transfered to IO by folks whose ID ended with xxxLM....And IO never gave me their IDs but THEIR NAMES and detailed status of my file. I have to say that they were much more knowledgable and friendly than anyone else. But they did not know when ceremony will take place...

Mario,
Sorry, didn't answer your other questions.
'finally approved' ...IO was refering to 'final approval' as stated in 'congratualtions, ...'statment.
I'm totally lost as to why they did not send me oath letter yet!!! Tired of checking my mail....:(