Question about Passport: Who applied passport recently w/o using overnight delivery?

ocworker

Registered Users (C)
I just wonder if there has people applied passport recently (within last 30-45 days) without using the overnight delivery (just let USPS send via regular / priority mail), and received their passports back?

I know USPS has been dealing with the passport applications a lot, but my concern is if they have lost the passport applications with the naturalization cert??

Which passport centre will the passport applications be sending to if the applicant is located in LA / Orange County area?

I just searched from the net. They said all applications will be sending to the "Passport Services’ banking facility". Then, your application, in both electronic and paper form, will be directed to a Regional Passport Agency or Passport Processing Center for adjudication and passport issuance if all documentation is in order.

Anyone knows where the "Passport Services’ banking facility" is?

Also, anyone knows where the "regional passport agency or passport processing center" are for Los Angeles / Orange County?

Last edited by a moderator:
OCWorker, Good to see you again.
It goes to Pittsburgh, PA and come back to LA. After that they (LA Office) have 4-6 weeks, for delivering the passport. You can track when you will receive the passport by going to the state.gov web site. FYI, I applied along with my spouse on 09/24/2005 at local post office. The first check $60 to the Post offce was cashed on 09/28 and the second check for $134 for the Passporrt Sevices was cashed on 10/03. The tracking web site @state.gov says "You will be receiving your passport on or around 11/02". I applied normal processing. As I said te total fee was $194 for two passports (mine and my spouse).

So, the total time assuming I get my passport on 11/02 is 5 weeks ( better than 6-8 weeks they claim).

Pl let me know if I can be of further help.

Bye and regards,
-Simi Dude

ocworker said:
Which passport centre will the passport applications be sending to if the applicant is located in LA / Orange County area?

I just searched from the net. They said all applications will be sending to the "Passport Services’ banking facility". Then, your application, in both electronic and paper form, will be directed to a Regional Passport Agency or Passport Processing Center for adjudication and passport issuance if all documentation is in order.

Anyone knows where the "Passport Services’ banking facility" is?

Also, anyone knows where the "regional passport agency or passport processing center" are for Los Angeles / Orange County?

simidude help pls.

simidude~

can I asked a follow-up question? It seems like me and OCWORKER are both worried abt. our passport.

Just wonder, when did your online status change ? At first it will say it not received then it will chance to it will be process to so and so date.

I mailed mine Sept. 27, received Oct 3, (based on USPS confirmation receipt) since then i check it everyday online but until now it is not posted in the system. It says its not found.

Any comment on my case?

thanks..
abs

simidude said:
It goes to Pittsburgh, PA and come back to LA. After that they (LA Office) have 4-6 weeks, for delivering the passport. You can track when you will receive the passport by going to the state.gov web site. FYI, I applied along with my spouse on 09/24/2005 at local post office. The first check $60 to the Post offce was cashed on 09/28 and the second check for $134 for the Passporrt Sevices was cashed on 10/03. The tracking web site @state.gov says "You will be receiving your passport on or around 11/02". I applied normal processing. As I said te total fee was $194 for two passports (mine and my spouse).

So, the total time assuming I get my passport on 11/02 is 5 weeks ( better than 6-8 weeks they claim).

Bye and regards,
-Simi Dude

Hi SimiDude!

Glad to see you again.
I knew the banking facility is somewhere far, and it would have to make a round trip back to LA. did you check your online status from travel.state.gov after the 2nd check ($134) was cleared? Did you use overnight delivery service?

I paid one check to the Department of State, and I paid the fee (with 1 way overnight delivery) to USPS via credit card.

From your timeline, seem like they cashed your check one week after you sent your application forms out.

I will check my bank account to see when the Department of State would cash the check. As long as they get the application and I know the naturalization cert is not lost, I am ok with that.

thanks again for your reply :)

simidude said:

Bye and regards,
-Simi Dude

Well, at least, in your case, USPS said your application was deliveried.

abs49080 said:
simidude~

can I asked a follow-up question? It seems like me and OCWORKER are both worried abt. our passport.

Just wonder, when did your online status change ? At first it will say it not received then it will chance to it will be process to so and so date.

I mailed mine Sept. 27, received Oct 3, (based on USPS confirmation receipt) since then i check it everyday online but until now it is not posted in the system. It says its not found.

Any comment on my case?

thanks..
abs

OCWORKER~

If you used a priority mail service when you initially mailed your application it may take 3-4 days before it reaches its destination. I check my confirmation # again from USPS, it was mailed Tuesday and not received until Saturday!
Keep me posted will you.

thanks.
abs

the thing is, I do not know if the application form would be mailed in which ship method.

I just gave it to the USPS with 1 way delivery (return). USPS staff did not give me any choices of how it should be mailed out.

However, USPS staff told me they would mail out all application forms on the same day (last Saturday 10/15/2005) using priority mail.

btw, has your check paid to "Department of State" been cashed out yet?

Also, since you have the confirmation from the USPS website. do you know which address they/you mail your form to?

Yes the check is payable to Department of State. And my tracking info say it was mailed it PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101.

Call your USPS office where you initially applied and they can give you a tracking info. Thats what I did when my status is not yet showing in online tracking.

They keep Record of all application and tracking numbers. They have that form called Daily Passport Application Transmitall (DSP-11)
atleast they can give you confirmation #.
Good luck....

Thanks for your info. I will contact to my USPS office where I initially applied. I think the USPS staff did not BS to me about sending the application via Priority mail (since yours was sent via priority mail as well).

I sent the priority mail package to my friend in NYC on the same day I applied for my passport. She received the package on Monday (very fast) already. I just hope the application form should be deliveried to PA today or tomorrow latest.

abs49080 said:
Yes the check is payabel to Department of State. And my tracking info say it was mailed it PHILADELPHIA, PA 19101.

Call your USPS office where you initially applied and they can give you a tracking info. Thats what I did when my status is not yet showing in online tracking.

They kep Recorp of all application and tracking numbers. They have that form called Dily Passport Application Transmitall (DSP-11)
atleast they can give you confirmation #.
Good luck....

My passport info

Hi,

I did submit my Passport application last wednesday in SanDiego. After looking at OCworker's posting, I checked the sate department website to findout status of my application. It said application info not found....

Normally how much time it takes to see your information online....

:confused:

SDQmer said:
Hi,

I did submit my Passport application last wednesday in SanDiego. After looking at OCworker's posting, I checked the sate department website to findout status of my application. It said application info not found....

Normally how much time it takes to see your information online....

:confused:

did you use 2-ways overnight delivery?

may be your status would be showing up by this week since you applied on last wed?

ocworker said:
did you use 2-ways overnight delivery?

may be your status would be showing up by this week since you applied on last wed?

When I asked USPS staff regd. mode of mailing, they said that they will take care of that. I don't know how they sent in?

Hi all,
I applied my passport on (10/14) - one day earlier than ocworker, and i used expedited service and 2-way express mail...
but my application status does not show up either...

I searched info on google and found this pdf file

http://www.nalc.org/depart/cau/pdf/manuals/asm13.1/asm/asmc4.pdf

for the customers who do not purchase the overnight delivery from the acceptance unit (i.e. USPS) to the passport agency office, they would be sent out via Priority mail with delivery confirmation in a groupings.

I assume the priority mail would take up to 3 business days from LA to wherever passport agency office is. However, normally it only takes 2 days MAX.

From the pdf, they said the USPS would mail the application forms out in groupings on the same day they received the application form. I guess mine was sent on 10/15/2005 along with other applications as well.

I think i just have to relax, wait and see.

SDQmer said:
When I asked USPS staff regd. mode of mailing, they said that they will take care of that. I don't know how they sent in?

did you pay extra or did you mention to them you wanted to use 2-ways overnight delivery?

well, since you and I are in the same boat for the outbound shipment, our application forms would be sent via Priority mail with tracking number.

the only different between your apps and mine is, I paid for the overnight delivery for return. so your passport will be mailed back using USPS Priority mail as well (i believe).

cookie99 said:
Hi all,
I applied my passport on (10/14) - one day earlier than ocworker, and i used expedited service and 2-way express mail...
but my application status does not show up either...

i read from the travel.state.gov (after i checked my status), they said if you mailed the form using 2-way express mail (or / and with expedited service), you should be expecting to see the status on their website 1-3 business day after you mailed. Assuming post office mailed out on last friday for you, your status should be showing up tomorrow or so. However, I called the 800#, i said i mailed via 2-way express, they said pls check by end of this week to see if status shows up. etc etc

I believe this could happen -
the application may already arrived at the processing center, but it maybe pending for someone to upload the info to their online systems...and this may take 1-2 days or so...

cookie99 said:
I believe this could happen -
the applications may have already arrived at the processing center, but it maybe pending for someone to upload to info to their online systems...and this may take 1-2 days or so...

I believe your application should have already been in the center by monday. I do not think the center opens on Sat, so USPS might not do delivery to that address.

I agree with your assuming.

update

I called the passport information center 800# and I was told that they received my passport application and already started working on it today. And the lady who answered the phone call also said they will be updating the online status soon...
so seems like my assumption is correct, the application may have arrive earlier but need someone to update the online system...