question about new policies in USCIS

susiw2007

Registered Users (C)
I found this information:

New Multiple PERM Filing Policy (AILA-DOL Liaison Minute)

1st Approved PERM and 2nd PERM filing for the same position: Automatically denied.
1st Approved PERM and 2nd PERM filing for the different position: Audit with request for return of the first application or an explanation of why there is a second application being filed and the first application cannot be returned.

that means that we can not change the EB3 to EB3
please help or this process will be very difficult ?

and this

USCIS Considers Termination of Concurrent Filing (140/485)

According to the USCIS rule-making agenda, the USCIS is to propose to terminate current concurrent I-140 and I-485 filing. The proposed rule is scheduled to be published in March 2007 with 60-day comment period. It is thus not imminent, but in the later part of next year(Oops!), the immigrant community may see a totally different filing procedure including electronic registration and filing just like current PERM labor certificaiton application procedure. Once the concurrent filing is terminated, the immigrants may experience a terrible pain as related to maintenance of nonimmigrant status pending I-140 petition, eligibility for 245K benefit, plus unavailability of EAD and AP pending I-140 petition, AC-21 180-day portability, etc. etc. Should the I-140 petition processing be dragged, the pain will be extremely unbearable!

i took this information form http://www.immigration-law.com/

Last edited by a moderator: