question about MTR for denied 485

dannywhite

My 485 was denied because I missed the finger print 2 months ago. I never received the finger print notice. I submitted motion to reopen immediately and the I-290B receipt date was Oct 14th. My online status keeps "pending" and never changes to "denied". Last week there was a LUD and yesterday I received the following notice from USCIS about 485,

"After review we have decided to treat the appeal filed in the above case as a Service motion to reopen or Service motion to reconsider. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed."

What's the exact meaning of this? I need to know whether my EAD and AP has already become valid again. My lawyer says there should be another notice to indicate the approval of MTR and he can not determine whether the case is reopened based on the above notice.

Thank you for the answer. I do not get it why USCIS does not write something that is easier to understand. And I can not expect any accurate answer from online status or customer service number.