question about kid status message

notsolucky

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My kids status was "case status not found" after 1 day after approval. Later on it changed to "we have ordered a new card and will mail it as soon as it is ready " and remained that way for 10 days.

Now, after checking the status today, it says (for kid) , " this case is approved and we mailed an approval letter".

I have read in this forum at various places, that kids (my kid is 6 years) do not have to go for stamping. Is this new message normal? Or should I have expected a message like, "we have mailed the card"... Does this message mean that I will get approval letter or the card itself? If I get approval letter for kid and not the card, then do I have to go for stamping for kid too?

Thanks

You will soon receive the card for your kid and no need of stamping for kids..unless you plan to travel outside of US before receving the card...

Now messages dont play much important role.....for my kids, the message did not update but got the cards for kids...

Need help on Kid's case status

Hi Guys,
As all of you are talking the same thing that I am looking for. I guess you can help me here.

My spouse and mine cases were approved on Sep.25th but our daughter's case status still shows pending. We are planning to visit India in First week of November.

Please let me know if you have information on following points.

1. Do I need to worry about my daughter's case status or has it been automatically approved?

2. Can we get her passport stamped even though we do not have approval notice for her.

3. How long it took for your kid's actual card to arrive?

4. If not can we still use AP document for her travel.

Early reply will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Bhupender

For my case, online message showed "case not found" for my son's case since our cases were approved. However he did receive the notice. Difference, for us, we received approval notice, but for kid, they received welcome notice directly. So if you son is approved, you should receive the welcome notice. Or you can ask the immigration officer when you stamp your passport. They can look into the system and see if you son is approved.

I have the same situation as all of you.

My kids (Age 15, boy) still not get an approval letter, as my self and my wife were both approved on Sept. 2, 2004, and have passport stamped already. From your experience, I should expect that the actual card for my son will be arrive without the case status change?

That's good!