Question about Interview Letter

Bahamas124

Registered Users (C)
Can someone please answer this questions for me...I receive my interview letter on july 1st schedule for aug 24th one day before my birthday (what a Birthday Present) but in the letter its asking me to produce stuff like my USC wife birthcertificate which we dont have only have naturalization certificate second asking for job letters I already produced one for my wife just a month ago due to an RFE do I still need to get another one for her?or can I just take the original of the one I already produce? it also asked for pay pay stubs for the past two months will that be the past 2 months from the date of the interview letter or from the date of the interview? also it asked for taxes for the last 3 yrs I did only send one year because I filed after the new law took effect.also does that include My taxes eventhough I worked illigealy those 3 yrs? I did file taxes for those years by the way.also My wife just got laid off from her Job today so I am the one who will be fitting the bills for awhile do you think that this will pose a problem for the Interview?

You will need to have all the support evidence for the interview regardless of what you had already sent in.

Just bring your wifes naturalization cert. and her Govt. issued Photo ID

The paystubs should be the most recent you have at the time of your interview, You should also bring your most recent Federal Tax returns, if you have 3 years great, if Not explain to the officer at the interview that you didn't bring them because you read the I-864 requirements changed.The fact that you Worked illegally :eek: may come up, DO NOT VOLUNTEER that info, if asked about it then be honest. The good thing is you did claim that income on your Federal taxes :cool:

If your spouse initially filed I-864 for you & now you will be the one supporting your household you may need a Co-sponsor

If you are Not earning enough to meet minimum requirements-
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-864p.pdf

You may need a co-sponsor to fill out an I-864A
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864a.htm

Have it notorized and signed so you can bring that to the interview.
As long as you show that you have income & a history of job security to support your family you should be ok.
USCIS just wants to be sure that you enough financial support to live without concern of becoming reliant on U.S. government welfare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bahamas124 said:
Can someone please answer this questions for me...I receive my interview letter on july 1st schedule for aug 24th one day before my birthday (what a Birthday Present) but in the letter its asking me to produce stuff like my USC wife birthcertificate which we dont have only have naturalization certificate second asking for job letters I already produced one for my wife just a month ago due to an RFE do I still need to get another one for her?or can I just take the original of the one I already produce? it also asked for pay pay stubs for the past two months will that be the past 2 months from the date of the interview letter or from the date of the interview? also it asked for taxes for the last 3 yrs I did only send one year because I filed after the new law took effect.also does that include My taxes eventhough I worked illigealy those 3 yrs? I did file taxes for those years by the way.also My wife just got laid off from her Job today so I am the one who will be fitting the bills for awhile do you think that this will pose a problem for the Interview?
Hello, I think her naturalized papers r ok to produce... Yes u do need a job letter, if u have a copy of the original u sent b4 that is ok... Pay stubs for May & Jun 06. Yep,taxes for yr 2003, 2004, 2005. Has ur wife done any filing of taxes? They need hers or both (u and her) if filed jointly... Ok now, i am not 2 sure if u should let them know u have wk illegally here, I think that would raise an eyebrow, (just saying)... If they ask anything about her job, let them know she was laid off. r u authorize 2 wk now? U can call the INS 800# adn let them know of ur situation bout ur wife not wk presently and what's the best thing to do about the job letter. Ps, whatever they ask 4 u need to produce it @ the interview, if u do not have all the documents requested by them ur case can be delayed until u can produce all documents... Good Luck :)