Question about Indian VISA application

bpc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am about to be a naturalized US citizen in about 2 weeks. I need to travel to India a week after my oath and resume my work, so I will not have time to get OCI or PIO card. I am planning to get Indian VISA, go back to India, resume work and then process my OCI or PIO.

Will this work?

What kind of Indian VISA allows me to work in India?

Thanks.

Need furhur help urgently please.

Thanks.

For the Indian employment VISA, the website specifies that you need a proof that the company is registered in India.

If you are a future employee of a company, that proof may not be available. they would say that they would make it available to you only when you are on their system. In that case, can I print out parts of the companies website and provide the contact details of the HR managers etc as proof of company being in India?

Dude,

Did you read my reply?

If you get a PIO, you donot need a visa. You are equivalent to a NRI and can just start working.

Try getting PIO.

invest2bfree,
Yes, I read your reply and I thanked you as well.

I called the consulate about this rush PIO and they said it might be done, but not guaranteed. SO, I need to be prepared with my employment visa application as well as PIO card stuff and hence the question.

However, has anyone here had experience getting emergency PIO on the same day? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Try searching this board because my answer is based on one posting. That person received it the same day by paying more.