Question about I864

stonexu1984

Registered Users (C)
:confused:My wife is US citizen and she doesn' have income now, usually I cannot sponser myself but we go throught the I864 form. it says:

"What If I(sponsor my wife) Cannot Meet the Income Requirements?

Income from the intending immigrant, if that income will continue from the same source after immigration, and if the intending immigrant is currently living in your residence. Ifthe intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be counted regardless of current residence, but it must continue from the same source after he or she becomes alawful permanent resident."

"Can the Intending Immigrant Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

If certain conditions are met, the intending immigrant's income can help you meet the income requirement. If theintending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be included if it will continue from the same source after he orshe obtains lawful permanent resident status."

Does it mean I can use my income to help my wife to meet the income requirement? I don't understand what does "income continues from the same source after obtain GC" mean? I don't think there will be any company that can guarantee the employee he/she can get the paycheck Continuously in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it mean I can use my income to help my wife to meet the income requirement? I don't understand what does "income continues from the same source after obtain GC" mean? I don't think there will be any company that can guarantee the employee he/she can get the paycheck Continuously in the future.

The future income source is like a job .... this is all done in good faith !! Not a one time income source like lottery.

Yes, but how do I approve or to make USCIS believe the income will continue from the same source?
You dont have to. As long as the income source is something like a business or employment in US, it should be okay. I believe this is just to safe guard against cases where people outside the country could quote their current income or source of income as a support.

Vinayak

so in other words, in this case I don't need to find a joint sponsor?

You dont have to. As long as the income source is something like a business or employment in US, it should be okay. I believe this is just to safe guard against cases where people outside the country could quote their current income or source of income as a support.

Vinayak

You will not need a Joint sponsor as long as you have documentation like pay checks to show that you are receiving steady income for the last six months.

I kind of have same situation here. My father is a petitioner and now he is not working and retire..and only soure of income for him is Social Security.Last year he did not file file Income Tax Return since he did not meet certain income tax bracket. I understand that I have to file joint I864 however do i still need to file my Father's I864 and If yes what shall put it in.?