Question about I864 & Means-Tested Public Benefits

stonexu1984

Registered Users (C)
My wife is sponsoring me but she doesn't have a job and sufficient asset to meet the requirement. I am going to use my auntie as my sponsor, but the questions are,

1. Does my wife have to be a sponsor and my auntie as a joint sponsor OR my auntie as a sponsor alone?

2. As for the Means-Tested Public Benefits the I864 indicates, it includes

Food stamps
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Medicaid
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
State Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

does not incude

Emergency Medicaid
School lunches
Immunizations and treatment for communicable diseases
Student assistance to attend colleges and institutions of higher learning
Some kinds of foster care or adoption assistance
Job training programs
Head start
Short-term, non-cash emergency relief

My Question is, if I am unemployed and lose my health insurance and catch a disease consumes me thousand dollars per day (considering this as the worst situation), does my auntie have to pay my medical fee?

Thanks a lot!

you need to get your own health insurance and not try to get a free ride, You will not qualify for any of those benefits anyway for at least 5 years or until you become a citien. The worst case scenario is the state could come after you auntie to try and be reimbursed for the amount spent on you treating your disease.

actually I don't want my auntie pay for me once the worst case happens...

you need to get your own health insurance and not try to get a free ride, You will not qualify for any of those benefits anyway for at least 5 years or until you become a citien. The worst case scenario is the state could come after you auntie to try and be reimbursed for the amount spent on you treating your disease.