Question about I864 and I864A

TroubledGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am filing the form I864 as part of the GC package. My income alone is enough to sponsor, however my tax return is married filing jointly. In this case should I also complete the form I864A?

Another question is about the tax return document. I would like to download it from turbotax however it prints out something which is more than 40 pagaes with all the work sheets, Can I send the whole document? whats the recommendation?

Many thanks

Poorya

Who is the immigrant? And who is the petitioner? The I-864 is filled out by the sponsor (the petitioner must be a sponsor). If it is enough, you don't need anything else, regardless of how they filed tax return. Plus if the sponsor's spouse is the immigrant, the immigrant would never fill out an I-864A anyway, even if their income is counted.

Hi,

I am the Sponsor and my Dad is the intending immigrant, however my tax return is joined with my wife. In this case my tax return is more than my annual income, while my annual income would be sufficient. So there may be lack of documentation.

In this scenario, do I need to complete the 864A as well with my wife?

Please help

Many thanks

Troubled