Question about I485 RFE and iEAD

rajeshfromLA

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can anyone tell me when an applicant can get the iEAD? Is it the approval of I765 or I485?

I just recvd an RFE for my birth certificate for I-485. I will be sending it to BCIS next week. Would this delay my iEAD chances also?

Also, is there an interviewrequired for iEAD or it just comes by mail? Any timelines for iEAD for Los Angeles DO?

Thanks in advance

My timelines are:

ND: 9/15/05
RFE: 10/20 (Birth Certificate)

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me when an applicant can get the iEAD? Is it the approval of I765 or I485?
Neither. iEAD = Interim EAD. You go to your DO if 90 days have passed since your RD for the I-765 and get your iEAD the same day.

I just recvd an RFE for my birth certificate for I-485. I will be sending it to BCIS next week. Would this delay my iEAD chances also?
No. iEAD is independent of RFE and can get it after 90 days of your RD for I-765

Also, is there an interviewrequired for iEAD or it just comes by mail? Any timelines for iEAD for Los Angeles DO?
No interview is required.

Thanks in advance

My timelines are:

rajeshfromLA said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance

My timelines are:

I have a similar case got RFE for BC while everyone says it doesnt delay the ead I think in my case it did just that.Todate I have never received the EAD infact i have an upcoming interview instead.my DO is LA

Thanks, ari4u.

For the 90th day process to obtain my iEAD at the DO, do I need to schedule an InfoPass? or is it just a walk-in?

Thanks

rajeshfromLA said:
Thanks, ari4u.

For the 90th day process to obtain my iEAD at the DO, do I need to schedule an InfoPass? or is it just a walk-in?

Thanks

You need an INFOPASS appt for the iEAD.

ridge88 said:
I have a similar case got RFE for BC while everyone says it doesnt delay the ead I think in my case it did just that.Todate I have never received the EAD infact i have an upcoming interview instead.my DO is LA

As per Optmo's thread, RFE definitely delays the EAD.