Question about I485 and priority date

adr

Registered Users (C)
Looking at the copy of my I485 receipt, I can notice two things:

1. No priority date is mention on the I485 form. The lawyer did not give me the copy of I140, but the form is available on USCIS site and I can see that there is a Priority date field there, in the section to be filled by USCIS.
2. In the field "I am applying for adjustement to permanent resident status because" the item 1 is checked which says: "an immigrant petition GIVING ME AN IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE VISA NUMBER has been approved.
Actually, that application was just filled at that time (concurrently filling) but it was approved meantime. This is the I140 petition.

I know all the discussion about visa not available for I485 applicants due to retrogression, but I am still questioning:
Doesn't this mean that you get an available visa number when the I140 is approved? How do they know the priority date for I485?

adr said:
Looking at the copy of my I485 receipt, I can notice two things:

1. No priority date is mention on the I485 form. The lawyer did not give me the copy of I140, but the form is available on USCIS site and I can see that there is a Priority date field there, in the section to be filled by USCIS.
2. In the field "I am applying for adjustement to permanent resident status because" the item 1 is checked which says: "an immigrant petition GIVING ME AN IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE VISA NUMBER has been approved.
Actually, that application was just filled at that time (concurrently filling) but it was approved meantime. This is the I140 petition.

I know all the discussion about visa not available for I485 applicants due to retrogression, but I am still questioning:
Doesn't this mean that you get an available visa number when the I140 is approved? How do they know the priority date for I485?

Lets make it simple,

PD is the date when u stated LC.

if no PD written on 485, it may be error.

PD is also can be found on your 140, and I believe on FP notice too(not sure), check it out.

>> Doesn't this mean that you get an available visa number when the I140 is approved?

I-140 is immg petition for alien worker. however immg-visa/LPR is not guaranteed that alien will be granted that status. once adjudicate officer decide to grant LPR status/Immg_visa (CP), then only he ask DOS to assign Visa Number for Alien in blah blah catagory.

Good luck.

I thought the priority date is only listed on the approved I-140 notice? Atleast this was the case for me! Should I be worried that my I-485 receipt doesn't have a priority date?

It is not an error if PD is not written on I485, there is no place for that on the form.
And usually, on the fingerprint notice, for the PD they put the receipt date, not the date of starting LC

I received a notice to do my fingerprints code 3 after 2 weeks of my I-140 approval. I'm not sure if the I-140 approval is related to the scheduling of the fingerprints.

Mr. Green, what is the priority date stated on your fingerprint appointment notice, please?

There is no place for a priority date on the finger print notice. It only mentions the A# and the notice date.

pd

My labor filed date 09/12/2002, in my 140 receipt notice (not approval notice, lawyer and company refused to give me a copy) "Priority Date" column was empty. That shouldn't be an issue, am I correct? Thanks.

skp19722003 said:
My labor filed date 09/12/2002, in my 140 receipt notice (not approval notice, lawyer and company refused to give me a copy) "Priority Date" column was empty. That shouldn't be an issue, am I correct? Thanks.

PD is usually found only on the 140 Approval, for some including me the PD was included in the First FP notice, but it was not the actual PD but the RD of my 140/485. I was kind of worried initally that the PD on my FP notice was my RD, but after my 140 approval the correct PD was printed on the approval notice.

Priority Date

I-140 approval notice has a different PD than on all other notices. Which one is the real priority date?

abelle said:
The PD on I-140 approval is Dec-1998. Then how long does this take after the retrogression?
Do you mean, you waited 5 years for Labor Certification?