question about I-94 taken during interview

waitingforme

we had our AOS interview in may 04 and my husband (who is the applicant) claims he cannot find his I-94 document, and that possibly the interviewing agent took it during the interview. can anyone validate that this is common practice? another friend who also interviewed a few months before we did says the same thing, although i'm a bit suspect given the track record of them both losing important documents and no one can recall exactly that he say the agent take the I-94. am wondering if anyone has experienced the same?

(sorry if there's something already posted/written about this, but have been searching the more recent posts and have not found anything.)

Unless your application is denied after interview, I believe they will retrieve all I-94, EAD and any documents issued by INS. I wil find out after my interview.

waitingforme said:
we had our AOS interview in may 04 and my husband (who is the applicant) claims he cannot find his I-94 document, and that possibly the interviewing agent took it during the interview. can anyone validate that this is common practice? another friend who also interviewed a few months before we did says the same thing, although i'm a bit suspect given the track record of them both losing important documents and no one can recall exactly that he say the agent take the I-94. am wondering if anyone has experienced the same?

(sorry if there's something already posted/written about this, but have been searching the more recent posts and have not found anything.)

application was approved

just to clarify -- the officer did approve our application based on the interview, but told us, like many on this forum, that award of the conditional GC was based on fbi security clearance, which has yet to come.

good luck on your interview, and please let me know what you find out?

My I-94 was taken by them when i submitted my applications (I130/I485) at local office. She put INS stamp on a photocopy of I-94 and gave it to me.

It's actually good news

The interviewer took away my I-94 because she was going to approve me for my GC application. THey only do that when they are going to approve you

I94/EAD Taken After Passport Stamping/Interview

Hello,
I had my interview on 8/5/04, was told that security checks weren't completed. Got a letter for passport stamping appt. on 12/3/04. I went, gave my passport + appt. letter, got my stamp. The officer never asked for my I-94 or EAD card, although I had it. I decided before hand if he didn't ask for it, I wasn't going to give it to him. :D

So i came out with my stamp in my passport, along with instructions on how to remove conditional residence.