Question about H1 sponsership

nugg_s

Registered Users (C)
Hi!!!

I would like to know if my sister who woudl be opening her own firm can employ me and sponser my H1. I am currently on an F1 and would be graduating with my MBA in May.

I have 5 years on my H1 left as I had shifted from a H1 to F1 to pursue my MBA in 2001.

Please advice if its possible.

Thanks!

I see no problem with the filing as long as the company is legitimate and can show an ability to pay and a valid job offer.

I see no problem with the filing as long as the company is legitimate and can show an ability to pay and a valid job offer.

Thanks Jim!!!

One more question on that line...

Since my sister has just started her firm, what would she require to prove that her firm can pay me.

Does the firm need to have any profits before she can hire me and sponser a H1?

Thanks!

A contract for with a customer for you to work on or assets to pay you with. She needs to either show that she has the money to pay or that someone will be giving it to her when you are hired.

Thanks!

Thanks Jim,

Do you happen to know anyone in the Chicago area to consult with in person. if not, I shall be contacting you shortly to posiibly work out this angle.

Thanks!
Swarup

I believe your H1 clock is not reset when you switched H1->F1 for a year. Since you have had 5 years in H1 already,you will get a new for 1 year only unless you start your green card process.