Question about Form 131

Boston_GC2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to file advance parole on myself. I have a question about Form 131, Part I Item 3: Class of Admission. Am not sure what I should put in there. And the instruction doesn't give any explanation either. I'm wondering if someone knows about it and can give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Class of admission is the document you used to enter the USA at POE. It could be AP or H1B

If you used AP at POE then you need to put "Parolee" in class of admission. In case of H1 i think it must be H1B

Status has changed since entry

Here is another question, what if your status has changed since you entered and the status you entered with has expired.
Example:
Entered the country on B1 visitor's visa, status changed to H4, changed again to H1B1, now applying for AOS. Never left the country during this time so do not have a visa stamp for H1B1. Original visitor's visa has expired. Need to travel on AP.
What would be the class of admission in this case?

P.S. H1B1 is still valid but no visa stamped and do want to go to home country and get H1B1 stamped.
AOS is based on derivative status.

Any ideas will be very much helpful...
Thanks

Re: Status has changed since entry

Originally posted by asifdhanani
Here is another question, what if your status has changed since you entered and the status you entered with has expired.
Example:
Entered the country on B1 visitor's visa, status changed to H4, changed again to H1B1, now applying for AOS. Never left the country during this time so do not have a visa stamp for H1B1. Original visitor's visa has expired. Need to travel on AP.
What would be the class of admission in this case?
**** better you explain it on cover letter write the CLASS OF ADMISSION: I entered ON X visa changed to Y status in US and I am on G visa and the filed I-485 based on my spouse I-140 ........
P.S. H1B1 is still valid but no visa stamped and do want to go to home country and get H1B1 stamped.
AOS is based on derivative status.

Any ideas will be very much helpful...
Thanks

Thanks!

That does make a lot of sense to attach an addedum to the form. But then in the question where it says class of admission do I write H1B1 or write "please see attached"?
Once again thanks for your response.