Question about FBI FP processing time

wwossen

Registered Users (C)
How long does it take for Local BCIS to send FP to FBI for processing?
I done my FP manually in Detroit on Oct 15 / 2003.

How long does it take for FBI to return the outcome of FP to BCIS?

Regards,

I think it takes very short time if it's a digital FP. You can call
FBI after FP. to get FBI phone #, do a search in the forum.

The ASC that took your fingerprints is affiliated with the FBI. So the prints are already with the FBI. Search results for fingerprints using the electronic scanner are returned in a couple of days at the most. I am not sure what you mean by manual fingerprints, but if what you mean is that they are not machine scanned, the fingerprints would have to be first scanned into their system. I would imagine this would add to the turn-around time but I would guess the results should be available to the INS within a week on the outside.

The other security check that takes place is a name check and this can take some time if there is a hit, i.e., a match, even if partial. I believe name checks are the responsibility of INS. I am not sure if the FBI gets involved in cases where there are matches or not.

Search for posts by users 'yager' and 'guju' for more information.

Yager, sorry; I did not notice that you had already posted a response to this thread.

Originally posted by yager
I think it takes very short time if it's a digital FP. You can call
FBI after FP. to get FBI phone #, do a search in the forum.

OK, in my case, the FBI turned results in to INS on the same day of finger printing according to what I was told by them on the phone. They only tell you whether the results are sent or not. nothing less, nothing more.

As for the number, 3046255590. You just need A#

As for the manual process, not sure.

Still painfully waiting for approval... on the edge of breakdown....

wwossen

Major cities have computerized FP facilities. When you give FP at these places, the FP will be transferred within a day or two to FBI, like a wire transfer. Then FBI checks it and send the results to BCIS immediately. The whole process takes less than a week.

If you reside outside these cities, they do it manually. That means after giving FP, they send the paperwork physically to FBI for checks. This one takes a while. Then FBI takes time to do checking and then send the results to BCIS.

FP-EAD renewal

Hi,

Have similar questions.

I had my FP for EAD renewal taken at Denver on Oct.15. Called FBI taday and was told that they have not received the FP yet. Since this is for EAD renewal, I wonder if this FP go to FBI or not (I personally think it should go to FBI;otherwise there is no point to take the second FP) . Does any one have the experience that FP was not sent to FBI at all and was not noticed by BCIS or its application centers? I was told by BCIS national sevice center on phone that the only way to find out what's going on with my FP is to walk in to the office. Is this true (such a pain)?

Please share your experiences and opinions. Many thanks in advance.

wwossen - Question about FBI FP processing time

I had gone through manual FP in the month of August'03.

We gave FP on Wednesday and that center used to send details to FBI on every Friday by FedEx. I called FBI after a week. They received the FP on Monday morning and processed on the same day.

wonder_cd == FP-EAD renewal

Why do you need to go for FP for EAD renewal? I never had FP at the time of EAD renewal. Am I missing something here?

2nd fingerprinting usually processed by FBI on the same day. I checked mine with FBI and they confirmed they processed on the same day I had my fingerprinting done.