Question about Expiry of I-94

NeedHelpForGC

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

When we landed in US my wife's passport was to expire on May 15th and the officer gave her I-94 which expires on may 15th even though her visa expires only on july 2005. Now we applied for extension of h1 from may 15 th as her i-94 expires on may 15th, but CIS gave the extension only starting from July 2005 to july 2006. Does that mean she will be out of status from may 15 th till july 2005 and will this be a issue in future when she go out of the country or while applying for GC ?

Please help...

NeedHelpForGC said:
Hello all,

When we landed in US my wife's passport was to expire on May 15th and the officer gave her I-94 which expires on may 15th even though her visa expires only on july 2005. Now we applied for extension of h1 from may 15 th as her i-94 expires on may 15th, but CIS gave the extension only starting from July 2005 to july 2006. Does that mean she will be out of status from may 15 th till july 2005 and will this be a issue in future when she go out of the country or while applying for GC ?
After renewal of your passport did you apply to extend your I 94 befor May 15th?

Please help...

HELLO
YES WE DID APPLY FOR AN EXTENSION OF MY H1 AND HER H4 BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF MY WIFE'S I94. HOWEVER THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE APPROVED EXTENSIONS ARE FROM JULY 2005 TO JULY 2006 WHICH IS PROVIDING MY WIFE THESE DATES AND HAS PERIOD IN BETWEEN MAY 15TH AND JULY WHERE she HAS NO I-94. DOES THIS MAKE HER UNFIT TO STAY IN THE US ,IS SHE VIOLATING ANY LAW AND CAUSE PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE WHILE TRYING TO REENTER US

Thxs

NeedHelpForGC said:
HELLO
YES WE DID APPLY FOR AN EXTENSION OF MY H1 AND HER H4 BEFORE THE EXPIRY OF MY WIFE'S I94. HOWEVER THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE APPROVED EXTENSIONS ARE FROM JULY 2005 TO JULY 2006 WHICH IS PROVIDING MY WIFE THESE DATES AND HAS PERIOD IN BETWEEN MAY 15TH AND JULY WHERE she HAS NO I-94. DOES THIS MAKE HER UNFIT TO STAY IN THE US ,IS SHE VIOLATING ANY LAW AND CAUSE PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE WHILE TRYING TO REENTER US

Thxs

If she is out of status, you would not have any I -94 at the bottom of H4 extension approval notice.

So she is status. Since you did not apply extension for only I 94 (not H4), the put h1 approval date on the I 94.

I hope your old I 94 and the new I 94 at the bottom of H4 bears the same serial number.