• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about Education and Photos ( Australian Visa )

Upgraded

Registered Users (C)
I went back and Passed Year 12 2 Years ago, Specifically for the Green Card Lottery.

Although my Marks weren't Great ( esp Math.. ) I recieved a Successful Completion of Year 12.

I have the award in my Hands, <My Name> Has successfully completed Year 12 HSC ( High School Diploma ).

Will I be alright in the Interview with that?
I was reading someone elses post earlier saying you needed all E's or something on your exams? We dont have that system in NSW here.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=287919

EDUCATION: Minimum Requirements
To qualify using education, you must have: " Graduated from Senior Secondary School and passed the WAECS/SSSCE with a minimum of 5 passes (including English and Math; a pass is a minimum of 'E'); and/or

Completed A-levels or O-levels; and/or

Earned an HND (Higher National Diplome); and/or

Received a University degree.

What the hell is this? It doesn't say this in the DV Lotto form at all!

Thanks

Upgraded

Last edited by a moderator:
... I recieved a Successful Completion of Year 12.

That should be fine. If you win the lottery and you want to be sure for the interview, then get your educational records certified by a US-based education evaluator; preferably one that is an NACES member.

You do understand the probability of winning this? You said you went back to school specifically for the green card lottery which is a little worrying. In Oceania region your probability of winning each year is only a little over 1%. You can't make any plans on that. Just enter each year and forget about it. You never know, you might be surprised.

But don't think it's bad luck not to win. It just means you are meant to do something else.