Question about EAD portability (DORA)

dallasboots

Registered Users (C)
Does the AC21 rule apply for family based petitions as well? I

Here is my case -
I am resident in Dallas, and my spouse is an US citizen. We decided to apply under DORA (dallas office rapid adjustment).

I am the immigrant and the primary breadwinner, so my company gave me a letter of employment and intent of employment. They also paid for my lawyer fees. Now that I have an EAD, can I switch jobs? Or am I still tied to my employer? My lawyer was hired by my employer so she may have a conflict in answering my questions.

Please advise.

Let me get this right. Your employer paid the lawyer for your Family based immigration and gave a letter for I-864 purposes and you want to take a new job now that you have EAD? :)

Does the AC21 rule apply for family based petitions as well? I

Here is my case -
I am resident in Dallas, and my spouse is an US citizen. We decided to apply under DORA (dallas office rapid adjustment).

I am the immigrant and the primary breadwinner, so my company gave me a letter of employment and intent of employment. They also paid for my lawyer fees. Now that I have an EAD, can I switch jobs? Or am I still tied to my employer? My lawyer was hired by my employer so she may have a conflict in answering my questions.

Please advise.

Yes it may sound disingenuous, but I did offer to pay. They figured it was cheaper than extending H1s year by year ad nauseum ( I also have a pending labor at the backlog center from 2004)...

That being said, is it feasible?

Of course you can switch jobs as you like. there are restrictions on your EAD (unless if the job states USC only). your only restriction could be moral in this case :)