question about date from which Visa is valid

Pappu Pager

Registered Users (C)
Parents just got a multiple entry visitor visa. The visa is valid form the date it was issued. However the visa also says that first travel will be on January 10th 2005 and will be for 3 months only. This info has been taken from the application they filled out. The information provided was tentative. Do we need to stick with that date or can they travel sooner or later? Also, seems like they will be issued I-94 for 3 months only.

Anybody else seen this? Please share.

Visa has date of issue and date of expiry printed on it. Where they have mentioned about the date of first travel ?

Is it mentioned in "Annotations" ?

Pappu Pager said:
Yes it is in Annotations.

In that case they should travel only after 10th Jan. Visa issued by the embassy is only a permit to travel from your home port to port of entry of the destination. Actual duration of stay is given in I-94 at port of entry. Visa of three months doesnt mean they will get I-94 for the same duration. This may be less or more.

Travel about that time is a good idea. Otherwise the officer will ask why is it different. Didi you lie to the officer at the embassy??? Best to travel around the 10th