question about cp

cpquestioner

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I have my 140 and AP approved under the category of OR recently. I know it may take a while to get 485 approval. I have some business to deal with back in my home country, but I want my family to remain in the US.

My question is:

If I use my AP to go back to my home country, how long can I stay there before I return to the US if I can keep my employement status in the US ?

If I switch to CP, is it possible that I go back to my home country and my family stays in the US while waiting for CP?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lupo.

Originally posted by cpquestioner
Dear All,

I have my 140 and AP approved under the category of OR recently. I know it may take a while to get 485 approval. I have some business to deal with back in my home country, but I want my family to remain in the US.

My question is:

If I use my AP to go back to my home country, how long can I stay there before I return to the US if I can keep my employement status in the US ?

{The time limit is as per the Advance Parole document you have.
However you need to note that your's being an employment
based petition which requires maintenance of your status in
good standing all through the process.

If you stay back in the home country for personal reasons
with out drawing a salary then it can give raise to doubts about
your status}

If I switch to CP, is it possible that I go back to my home country and my family stays in the US while waiting for CP?

{Same as above. You cannot stay away from your employment
for extended periods without some good reson}

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lupo.

{my responses}

Raju

Answer to your 2nd question.

If u switch to CP.
Your faimily can stay back as long as they maintain legal status. Any of the dependent members will have to come to your home country for interview process till than they can stay in US.