Question about Cover letter to accompany AOS filing

allodds

Registered Users (C)
I have all the documentation ready to apply for AOS for my mother, who is currently visiting me in the USA. Of all things, I can't believe I am stuck at the cover letter!

First and foremost, should the cover letter be written and signed by me (sponsor and I-130 petitioner) or my mother (I-485 applicant) ?

Also, can somebody please tell me what details the cover letter should include? I will be listing all the forms and documents enclosed, but should it present any justification for applying ?

A sample cover letter from somebody who has filed successfully for their parent(s) would be great. Thanks in advance.

First of, you do not really NEED a cover letter unless there is something "particular" about the situation that you would like to explain.

Second, read the stickies on this sub-forum, you will find plenty of info and sample cover letters.

I did go through the stickies in this sub-forum and on several other websites like immihelp. Couldn't find a sample cover letter for AOS involving a parent.

I would still like to know who signs the cover letter. I am sure a lot of folks here have submitted one. Thanks.

The person filing the applications. In this case it doesn't really matter, since you are filing both I-130 and I-485 right? you can both sign it. But it doesnt matter really.

Thank you so much, this sample letter is way more comprehensive and thorough than what I was going to do on my own. This forum is the BEST !!!