Question about citizen

Adamd

Hello guys I have a question if someone got his approval and then his green card can he travel outside the usa to another country and live there and each 6 months go back to the usa and after like 4_5 years he will still get the citizen? Or he must be in the usa the next 4_5 years to get the us citizen (passport)?

No you will not be eligible for citizenship by doing that. The GC is intended for living in the US, not for coming in every six months, while living in some other country.

Hello guys I have a question if someone got his approval and then his green card can he travel outside the usa to another country and live there and each 6 months go back to the usa and after like 4_5 years he will still get the citizen? Or he must be in the usa the next 4_5 years to get the us citizen (passport)?
First, GC is intended for living in the USA.
Second, If you have an opportunity to live in a country other than the country of persecution, why you apply for Asylum in USA?!

No you will not be eligible for citizenship by doing that. The GC is intended for living in the US, not for coming in every six months, while living in some other country.
Thank you for your answer
First, GC is intended for living in the USA.
Second, If you have an opportunity to live in a country other than the country of persecution, why you apply for Asylum in USA?!
Calm down it was just a question because my friend told me you can do this i said no it is impossible so i just wanted to know who is right me or her so now i can prove her i was right

As I know you need to stay in the U.S. at least 914 days in the last 5 years to get approved for citizenship.

Of course, there are a lot of other requirements to qualify for citizenship like don't stay outside the country for more than 6 months and you have to a prove that are you still a resident by filing tax and have a job and bank account and resident address in the united states. You can't work for a long time for example more than 3 to 4 months outside the US and say I'm still a resident because this is a big proof that you are not a resident anymore.

One of my family members got her green card through lottery and literally comes every 5 month to USA stay for a month and leaves USA again. I wonder how she wants to get her citizenship. If she hasn't lived in USA for almost three years and only visit USA. If she gets her citizenship I doubt USA citizenship process.

One of my family members got her green card through lottery and literally comes every 5 month to USA stay for a month and leaves USA again. I wonder how she wants to get her citizenship. If she hasn't lived in USA for almost three years and only visit USA. If she gets her citizenship I doubt USA citizenship process.

She can’t get her citizenship because she won’t have met the physical presence requirements. She won’t even be able to apply for citizenship based on what you’ve said, because you have to prove you have resided in the city you submit for 3 months prior to submission of the n400.
Never mind citizenship, she is putting her green card in jeopardy by not residing in the US.

She can’t get her citizenship because she won’t have met the physical presence requirements. She won’t even be able to apply for citizenship based on what you’ve said, because you have to prove you have resided in the city you submit for 3 months prior to submission of the n400.
Never mind citizenship, she is putting her green card in jeopardy by not residing in the US.
She said if she lives 30 months out of 5 years she is qualified for citizenship.
I hope the USCIS would be more clever than that. she plans to stay more this time and next time to et that 30 months fill up.

She still has a job in my country and has to come and go.

She said if she lives 30 months out of 5 years she is qualified for citizenship.
I hope the USCIS would be more clever than that. she plans to stay more this time and next time to et that 30 months fill up.

She still has a job in my country and has to come and go.

Yes, as long as she can prove she lives in the US for 30 months in a 5-year period and she hasn’t broken continuous residence, then she can get citizenship, but from what you said she is only spending 2 months a year in the US. If she plans to stay for 30 months out of 5 years then at some stage she clearly will be living most of her time in the US so will be fine (as long as she doesn’t lose her green card first from her current activity). They will examine her arrival and departure records to ascertain her physical presence, if she is even one day short she will get denied. The form also asks for all absences since becoming a LPR and listing addresses and employers for the past 5 years before you apply. So she can’t hide anything as at the actual application.

I presume she is filing tax returns with the irs.

So they count 30 months after you get your GC or since you applied for asylum and have never leave usa or the last time you entered the usa (legally) till you apply for the asylum?

After you get green card
Okay thank you last question so if I got my GC and I want to leave USA for a vacation for like 2 weeks 1 month if i want and then come back the days will still continuing count till 30 months or every time i leave USA the days will start again from 0?

Okay thank you last question so if I got my GC and I want to leave USA for a vacation for like 2 weeks 1 month if i want and then come back the days will still continuing count till 30 months or every time i leave USA the days will start again from 0?

It only starts again from 0 if you are absent longer than 6 months - this is called the “continuous residence” requirement. Remember the 30 months has to be within the 5 years before you apply for citizenship.
https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenshi...physical-presence-requirements-naturalization